XENONAUTS Strategy Game Free on GOG [Win, Mac & Linux]
GOG is now offering $24.99 worth DRM-FREE XENONAUTS game without any cost or free, but only for 48 hours. On Steam store the game got 88 percent positive reviews from more than 1700 users. This game is based on classic strategy game X-COM: UFO Defense, you take the role of commander Xenonauts and try to defeat an alien invasion of Earth.
To grab the giveaway game, Visit GOG page , then on the giveaway page you will notice banner about XENONAUTS giveaway, click “Get for free” and sign in to your pre-existing account (or create a new account), once again hit “Get for free” and that’s it, the game will be added to your GOG account.
Download the game by reaching your GOG library (Account–>Games –>my collection). The game installer is available for Linux, Mac and Windows OS.
About this Game:
This is a strategy game in which you control a multi-national military organization defending a Cold War-era Earth from alien invasion, using small squads of persistent soldiers to eliminate the extraterrestrials and recover their technology in turn-based ground combat.
A detailed strategic layer allows you to coördinate the defense of the planet, using your interceptors to shoot down UFOs and researching captured artifacts to learn about your foes and unlock new combat equipment to use on your missions.
The game utilizes the fundamental mechanics of the early X-COM games, in this case, considered to be the real-time global air control and strategic management and research,h components of the game, coupled with turn-based ground combat where the player controls a squad of soldiers and vehicles against the alien forces.
Soldiers can develop their attributes through combat experience. All terrain in the ground combat maps is destructible.
Features advertised by Goldhawk (Developer & Publisher) as “enhancements” to the original X-COM model include the following:
- An improved air combat model (in real-time with pause mode) that allows combat between up to three aircraft/UFOs on each side.
- The option to save soldier equipment loadouts between missions, and the ability to change the weapon loadouts of ground vehicles.
- The starting place of infantry and vehicles can be arranged inside the dropship (at first a troop transport helicopter).
- The inclusion of a directional cover system in ground combat.
- Friendly local military and law enforcement NPCs present in ground combat.
- Alternative victory conditions for ground combat missions (other than just simply eliminating all alien forces).