One has to agree the built- in Firewall im Windows 7 is not worst and is quite capable of defending intruders from gaining access to your computer through a network or the Internet.
But the only problem is it lacks user control or proper UI/ interface to customize the firewall. So many users had a habit of disabling the built-in Firewall and approaches to third-party Firewall.Here is software called ‘Windows 7 Firewall Control’ which will fix this issue and provides control over Windows 7 firewall.
Windows 7 Firewall Control is a light weight freeware which converts yours windows firewall in to fully functional firewall without installing third-party kernel drivers. It just provides an interface to control and customize your windows firewall settings.
The Windows 7 Firewall Control is very aggressive on installing the app, by default it will start blocking incoming and outgoing connections. When ever a program try to access network you will see alarm pop-ups and you have to specify whether you allow it or not. So once you specify rules to a program, then it won’t bother you again.
Windows 7 Firewall control (Features) :
- Designed for Windows 7 & Vista
- Decreases expenses of mobile/satellite connections
- Zone based network permissions management
- Integration with Window Explorer for direct access permission management
- Instant notifications of blocked activity
- Special editions for portable devices (USB flash/HDD drives, iPod etc)
- Protection from incoming and outgoing threats
- External network connection (firewall/router) box support
- Automatic network connection box detection/management
- External/worldwide access to selected local application
- Port Forwarding management
- Automatic Port Forwarding-to-applications synchronization
- Simplicity of operation
- Per-application security settings
- Group zone and application network access permission management
- IPv6 support
Download Windows 7 Firewall Control
Also it is available as portable edition you can download it from here.