VLC for Android Released
VLC, the famous free and open-source multimedia player in Windows and Mac platform now available for Android devices,VLC Beta for android was released today, providing VLC fans to taste(test) their favorite media player on their smart phones.
VLC beta for android, “NEON” version works only with devices with an ARMv7 CPU that supports NEON engine. This beta app will work on following devices: Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S3, Motorola Defy, HTC Desire and the Nexus One.Developers tweeted that the version for tegra2 and ARMv6 will be out in a few days.
Using VLC media player on their Android device, userscan access their content using the built-in media library or by browsing a device’s folders directly. Playback volume can be adjusted using gestures or with an included widget. The VLC android app also supports auto-rotation, multi-track audio and subtitles, and aspect ratio adjustment.
VLC Beta (NEON version) Features:
- VLC for Android plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams, like the desktop version of VLC.
- VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
- VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume.
- It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, covert art and a complete audio media library.
However,developers say that VLC for Android is intended for “power users and hackers”, and now plays “most” audio and video files whether locally or remotely stored.When you launch the app for the first time you will receive a reminder that VLC for Android is an early beta with a message that reads: “It might kill your kitten, destroy your house and start the mayan apocalypse. Use at your own risk.”
Missing Features :
The developers also note that “a lot of things are not finished, but will change for the final release”,these include:
• The basic User Interface will change;
• Performance improvements are missing;
• Some audio issues might occur;
• Hardware decoding works only with a limited set of hardware;
• Other unknown issues.
Version 0.0.1 of VLC for Android is available as a free download from the Google Play store for Android 2.1 or later. You can get it through below links or use below qr code.
Download : VLC Beta (NEON version) for Android