VideoLAN released VLC 1.1.3 to a patch a major flaw found by Fortinet’s FortiGuard Labs security researchers on 13/8/2010 and the Flaw is named as “CVE-2010-2937 “.This vulnerability allows an attacker to execute arbitraty code or to comprise and crash the application .
According to FortiGuard Labs, In previous VLC versions, this issue is caused by a memory corruption error in the “ReadMetaFromId3v2()” [modules/meta_engine/taglib.cpp] function within the TagLib plugin when extracting meta-information from ID3v2 tag.
Everyone know that VLC is the most popular mediaplayer , because it is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player, that plays most multimedias files, medias and streaming protocols.
So upgrade to this new release and be secure.
VLC 1.13 release details:
- Fixes Taglib crash (CVE-2010-2937 )
- Fixes for FTP relative paths and directories
- Fixes for Podcast and DVD modules
- Many other crashes and errors fixed
- Extensions and scripts updates
- Miscellaneous fixes in interfaces
- Updated translations
Download: VLC 1.1.3