Microsoft today released the SkyDrive app for Android devices and is now for download at Google Play store, the Android app is similar to Skydrive mobile app for Windows Phone and iOS and allows you to browse your SkyDrive, upload files to SkyDrive, as well as share SkyDrive files with “Send a link.” You’ll also be able to open SkyDrive files from other apps, as well as upload, save, and share to SkyDrive from other apps.
The app has intuitive design,combines the Metro aesthetic from Windows 8 and elements of Google’s Holo guidelines.In this release, SkyDrive is available for Android phones with access to Google Play. The new app is designed to work best with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)—though it’s also fully functional on Android 2.3 and above.
SkyDrive is Similar to Google Drive, Dropbox, however, it offers new users more free storage (up to 7GB) and you can store your files so you can access them from virtually any device.With Skydrive app on Android, you can create folders and upload photos or videos, but not yet documents, to the cloud. You can share your files with users over email or in another app, and open documents in other apps too.
Here’s what the SkyDrive app for Android can do:
- Access your SkyDrive—documents, photos, and other files, plus the files other people have shared with you.
- View recently used documents.
- Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
- Share your files and photos—send a link in email or in another app.
- Open your SkyDrive files from other Android apps.
- Easily manage your files—delete or create new folders.
Download : SkyDrive app for Android