The weekend is here, which means that Epic’s storefront will give us free video games.
Rogue Legacy and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter are both free this week on the Epic Games Store. You can get both games from the Epic Games Store for no charge from April 7th to April 14th.
When it comes to Rogue Legacy a 2D RPG, anyone can be a hero. Whereas in The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, players are charged with investigating the mystery surrounding the disappearance of the protagonist Ethan Carter.
To grab these two games, visit the below links:
Rogue Legacy: https://store.epicgames.com/
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/the-vanishing
About Rogue Legacy Game:
This game, produced by Cellar Door Games, is marketed as a “Rogue-lite,” a parody of the roguelike genre, which often has randomly generated levels, permadeath, and a high degree of difficulty.
Your child will take over when you die. Every child is different. One child might not be able to see colors, another might have vertigo, or they could even be a short person.
That is acceptable, as no one is flawless, and perfection is not required to win this game. This game is very hard, so you’ll have to be pretty good. The good news is that when you die, all the gold you’ve collected can be used to improve your manor. This gives your next child a better life and another chance to fight evil.
But you shouldn’t listen to me. You should check out the trailer. It explains the game better than I ever could.
If you really want to READ about this game though, then you should check out our bullet list below.
Here’s what Rogue Legacy IS:
- A procedurally generated adventure. Explore new castles with every life.
- Rogue-lite. Your character dies, but with each passing, your lineage grows and becomes stronger.
- Tons of unique traits that make each playthrough special. Ever wanted to be dyslexic? Now you can!
- More than 8 classes to choose from (9)! Each class has unique abilities that change the way you play the game.
- Over 60 different enemies to test your skills against. Hope you like palette swaps!
- Massive, expandable skill tree. Rack in the loot to upgrade your manor and give your successors a cutting edge.
- Oh yeah, there’s a Blacksmith and an Enchantress shop but we forgot to show them in the trailer…
- Equip your heroes with powerful weaponry and armor. Or gain new abilities like flight, dash, and air jumping.
- Tons of secrets and easter eggs to uncover… or are there? Yes, there are.
- Got a controller? Play with a controller. Big Picture ready.
About The Vanishing of Ethan Carter:
This is a first-person story-driven mystery game that is all about exploring and finding out(Walking simulator). It doesn’t have any fights or explosions of any kind. You should be able to play our game without seeing any scars.
You play the game as Paul Prospero, an occult-minded detective who gets a letter from Ethan Carter that is very scary. The boy is in grave danger, so Paul goes to Ethan’s home in Red Creek Valley. Things are even worse than he thought. Ethan has gone missing in the wake of a brutal murder, which Paul quickly realizes isn’t the only one in the area that should be looked into.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is based on weird fiction from the early 20th century and other stories about the macabre. In spite of the fact that it has a private detective and a lot of mental challenges, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter isn’t a very puzzle-heavy game. The game’s main focus is on the setting, mood, and humanity of the characters.
- Explore and interact with the beautiful yet ominous world of Red Creek Valley, which was created with the use of revolutionary photogrammetry technology that allows for nearly photorealistic environments.
- Communicate with the dead and see how they died in order to gather clues that help you piece together the truth behind Ethan’s disappearance — and the fate of his family.
- Experience, in a non-linear fashion, is a story that combines the pleasures of pulp, private eye, and horror fiction, all of it inspired by writers such as Raymond Chandler, Algernon Blackwood, Stefan Grabinski, and H. P. Lovecraft.
- Conduct the investigation on your own terms and at your own pace. Although there are a few scary bits in the game, players will have no need for sedatives. Our game is less about terror and more about clammy unease.