Another Thursday of free games on the Epic Games Store. It’s almost 2 years since the launch (2018) Epic Games store is offering free games that users can claim, own, and keep them forever.
This week free games are about exploring the American West. You can now claim Railway Empire and Where the Water Tastes Like Wine for free from the Epic Games Store.
Until September 17, players will have the opportunity to add these video games to their library permanently.
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine
About Railway Empire:
In this tycoon simulation, you’re put in charge of building a railway empire in the United States, during the period of rapid westward expansion, also referred to as Manifest Destiny.
This game is about building and managing a vast network of commercial rail lines. In order to succeed you have to decide where to lay tracks, what industries you want to link up, which trains and carriages to buy, and how to engineer hostile takeovers of your competition.
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing the transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
- ‘Ride Along’ feature allows you to explore your rail network and beautiful scenery from the driver’s cab in a first-person perspective.
About Where the Water Tastes Like Wine:
In contrast to the above game, this offers a wholly different kind of experience. This game is all about keeping things simple. Set in during the Great Depression era of United States history, in this game you’re the stowaway on the trains, not the owner.
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is a Narrative-Adventure game about traveling, sharing stories, and surviving manifest destiny.
Travel the Depression-Era United States, laboring to pay off a debt by learning the true stories of 16 signature characters across a wide range of American experience
from migrant workers to a traveling preacher to a Navajo woman forcibly relocated on the Long Walk.