Reliance Jio is the hot topic in India, the 4G telecom (IP) network will be available to public from September 5th and it’s going to disturb major telecom operators in India (Airtel, Vodafone & Idea).
Many people are interested to join the “Jio” network after Mukesh Ambani the chairman and MD of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) officially announced the tariff details and launch of Reliance Jio 4G services in 39th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of RIL.
Reliance Jio Free Welcome offer will start from September 5th and everyone can join ‘Jio’ network either by getting a new Jio SIM or buying a LYF mobiles.
My advice is avoid LYF mobiles (they are crap), you can either buy a new Jio SIM or users who want keep their existing phone number can use ‘Mobile Number Portability’ (MNP) option to port out to Jio network.
Follow below details to Port your phone number to Reliance Jio network :
2. Instantly you will receive ‘Unique Porting Code’ (UPC) from 1901, this code will be valid for 15 days from the day the code got generated.
3. Now with a Passport size photo, valid ID proof & address proof visit your nearest Reliance Digital Store or Reliance Xpress Mini outlet.
4. Ask the store staff for MNP application form, fill the required fields in the form along with the UPC you received and give the form to the staff.
5. Receive the new SIM (pay a nominal fee, around 20 RS), normally porting process will take around 48 hours and it may take more time if the demand is high. According to TRAI guidelines the porting process will take around 5 to 6 days.
6. When your old SIM displays “No Service” message, remove it and insert the new Jio SIM, wait for activation message.
7.Once the new SIM gets activated, you will receive a welcome message from Jio and your old SIM will be deactivated.
8. Next from the new SIM (with 4G phone) call 1977 and verify your details.
A.When you see “No Service” message, it means porting has started and your Phone number will be inactive for about 2 hours while porting from other network to Jio.
B. Once ported to Jio, you have to wait for 90 days if you wish to move to another network or go back to previous network.
Tired of Reading Watch this quick video :