Panda Security today released an update(1.5.2) for its cloud Antivirus, Panda Cloud Antivirus is the first free antivirus from the cloud. Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5.2 is a maintenance upgrade from version 1.5.1 which fixes some bugs reported by the user community and brings improvements as well as new features. All new features have been included in both the Free and Pro Edition.
If you are reading this after seeing a “Panda Cloud Antivirus has upgraded automatically!” message on your Desktop traybar, then you already have this latest version installed and running and you don’t have to do anything else.
If your version of Panda Cloud Antivirus hasn’t upgraded yet to version 1.5.2 yet don’t worry, you will get the upgrade automatically and transparently over the course of the next few days.
Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.5.2 new Features & Fixes :
- Improved on-demand scanning speeds, specially under Windows 7.
- Improved integration with Collective Intelligence backend to obtain new malware variants even faster.
- New toolbar version 3.0 with Google search instead of Yahoo search.
- Fixed slowdowns while deleting files from the computer.
- Fixed BSOD under certain conditions when unloading one of the Panda drivers.
- Fixed synchronization erros (same as already released hotfix).
- Fixed issues scanning certain type of folders (as reported by AV-Comparatives)
- Fixed upgrade notification popup showing up every 20 minutes.
- Fixed problem of certain auxiliary files being written to the root of the drive when ProgramData directory could not be found.
- Fixed disinfection problem under certain conditions on malware running in memory.
- Fixed problem under certain situations when a malware detected without Internet connectivity was not recorded in the event report.
- Fixed problems disinfecting certain malware with specific format and characteristics.
Panda Cloud Antivirus is based on Collective Intelligence, a system for detecting and disinfecting viruses and other threats that feeds off the knowledge shared by millions of users.
It is extremely light as all the work is done in the cloud and provides you with the fastest protection against the newest viruses thanks to its cloud-scanning from PandaLabs‘ servers. Panda Cloud Antivirus is available as free and Pro version.
So what’s the difference between Free and Pro now?
You can see the feature-to-feature comparison in the following table. As you can see we have added many new things to the Free Edition to make Panda Cloud Antivirus the best free antivirus available anywhere!
Tip: You can get Pand Cloud Antivirus Pro License for free from here
Download: Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.52 (33.9 MB)