Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) has been officially released today for general public usage and it is now available for download for both 32-bit & 64-bit systems.
Also today Microsoft launched Office 365 globally, Office 365 combines Microsoft Office, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online and Lync online into one “always-up-to-date” cloud service. This service can be availed for a monthly subscription.
Regarding Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1, the Office 2010 SP1 consists of cumulative and public updates to date for the various point products that are part of Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010. Products that will get fixes and updates include Office 2010 suites, Project 2010, Visio 2010, Office 2010 servers, Office Web Apps, Search Server 2010, SharePoint 2010 Products and FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
This service pack includes two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and in security.
- All the public updates that were released through June 2011, and all the cumulative updates that were released through April 2011.
Some of the fixes in the Microsoft Office 2010 SP1 includes:
- Outlook fixes an issue where “Snooze Time” would not reset between appointments.
- The default behavior for PowerPoint “Use Presenter View” option changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor.
- Integrated community content in the Access Application Part Gallery.
- Better alignment between Project Server and SharePoint Server browser support.
- Improved backup / restore functionality for SharePoint Server
- The Word Web Application extends printing support to “Edit Mode.”
- Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
- Internet Explorer 9 “Native” support for Office Web Applications and SharePoint
- Office Web Applications Support for Chrome
- Inserting Charts into Excel Workbooks using Excel Web Application
- Support for searching PPSX files in Search Server
- Visio Fixes scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors with SVG export
- Proofing Tools improve spelling suggestions in Canadian English, French, Swedish and European Portuguese.
- Outlook Web Application Attachment Preview (with Exchange Online only)
- Office client suites using “Add Remove Programs” Control Panel, building on our work from Office 2007 SP2
Download Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
You can apply Office 2010 SP1 update from Windows Update service or download it manually from below links.