After going through around 6 months of beta testing ,Symantec today released the final stable version of Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus 2012 with new features and enhancements to existing features.
Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security 2012 are designed to improve on their already industry-leading benchmarks for protection and performance, while enhancing the overall user experience
“For the past few years we have witnessed an explosion of devices, platforms and applications for consumers to enjoy. However, with these exciting changes come new digital dangers and an even greater need for consumers to be protected from cybercrime,” said Janice Chaffin, group president, Consumer Business Unit, Symantec. “As the world leader in security, Norton will continue striving to ensure that our customers are safe wherever they go, whatever digital experience they choose to have.”
Norton 2012 Security Products key new features to address the latest threats and powerful protection against one of today’s greatest consumer concerns: ensuring online personal information remains confidential.
Norton 2012 Key security technologies & improvements:
- Norton Identity Safe in the Cloud – Protects personal and financial information from cybercriminals and keeps users safe from fraudulent websites. New streamlined interface, simplified login experience, and ability to store passwords in the cloud makes accessibility easy from any computer with Norton Internet Security 2012 installed.
- Norton Management – New web-based functionality lets users manage their Norton products from anywhere in the world. Users can remotely add Norton products, manage security settings and update subscriptions, making it simple to check on the health of their devices or fix issues without needing to be there in person.
- Norton Insight – Norton’s exclusive reputation-based security technology leverages the anonymous software adoption patterns of millions of contributing Symantec users to automatically find and block never seen malicious software.
- Download Insight – Checks every downloaded file for safety before installation and now provides users with more data about the predicted stability of the application in their environment based on the stability experiences of millions of other Symantec users.
- SONAR – Improved SONAR technology monitors running applications for suspicious behavior to quickly detect and disable previously unknown threats.
- Norton User Experience – Offers quick access to Norton Mobile Security Lite, Norton Cybercrime Index, Norton Online Family and website ratings service Norton Safe Web.
Awards for Norton 2012 :
For the second year in a row, Norton placed first in overall protection according to testing from AV-Test Institute. In addition, Norton Internet Security 2012 ranked first in overall performance testing by both PassMark Software and AV-Comparatives.
Pricing & Availability :
Norton Internet Security 2012 and Norton AntiVirus 2012 are now available for purchase in the U.S. through various retailers and the Norton online store at www.norton.com.
A one year (3 PC’s) subscription of Norton Internet Security 2012 will cost $70 USD, where as Norton AntiVirus 2012 will retail for $40 USD.