Norton today released the latest versions (v 20.1) of its award-winning windows security products, Norton Internet Security 2013,Norton 360 2013 and Norton AntiVirus 2013, delivering on Norton’s commitment to extend protection to consumers on all of their devices and in all they do online.
With five patented layers of protection, stronger social networking defenses, anti-scam capabilities, and improved cloud-enabled features, the latest Norton products set new benchmarks for protection and performance. In addition, the latest releases are compatible and engineered to make Windows 8 safer and faster compared with running Windows Defender on Windows 8.
According to AV-Test and Real World Performance Test by PassMark , when paired with Norton, Windows 8 is 50 percent faster and 20 percent safer than with Windows Defender. In addition, testing showed that Norton was able to correctly detect and block all the threats that Windows Defender failed to recognize.
“According to this year’s Norton Cybercrime Report, one in 10 social network users said they’d fallen victim to a scam or fake link on social network platforms. Today, consumers are living nearly every aspect of their lives online and often putting personal information at risk,” said Janice Chaffin, Group President, Consumer Business Unit, Symantec. “With our latest releases, Norton responds to this and other consumer vulnerabilities with stronger social media and scam protection to ensure consumers are safe in the multi-device, Wi-Fi-enabled world.”
The latest Norton products are engineered to be safer, optimized for speed and performance, and simpler to use. In third-party testing, the new products ranked first in both protection and performance among a field of competitors. New features and improvements include:
Norton 2013 security Products Key Features:
In addition to industry-leading core security technologies, the new Norton releases feature protection enhancements including:
- Social Networking Protection – New defenses protect consumers from attacks and scams on social networks, such as likejacking, malicious messages, posts and notices on social networks
- Scam Insight – Anti-scam capabilities warn users of potentially risky sites that are new or do not have an established reputation within the Norton user community, enabling users to keep personal information such as bank account or login data secure
- Enhanced Network Defenses – To keep consumers safe from constantly evolving web-based attacks, the latest releases feature stronger networking defenses including a new Intelligent Firewall and broader uses of Insight information, which now tracks IP address reputation in addition to file, URL and domain reputation
With consumers becoming more on-the-go with devices such as tablets and ultrabooks, faster startup, shutdown and improved battery power are increasingly important. The latest Norton products feature:
- Faster Startup & Shutdown – Completely re-engineered to minimize startup and shutdown time
- Maximized Battery Power – Reduced power consumption, resulting in extended battery life and faster response from system sleep and hibernate states
- More Efficient Support for Digital Media Files – Designed to ensure digital media files – such as photos, music and videos – are safe from attack, without impacting performance
In addition to being safer and faster, Norton products are also simpler to use, offering enhancements including:
- Touch Screen-Friendly – User interface is engineered for faster performance and optimized for touch screens
- Version-Less – With all product updates now downloaded in the background and installed automatically, consumers can rest assured they are safe from the latest threats without manually checking for updates
- Reboot-Less – Product updates no longer require reboot, so consumers can receive the most up-to-date protection without being interrupted
Pricing & Availability
The latest versions of Norton 360, Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus are now available for purchase in the U.S. through various retailers and the Norton online store at www.norton.com.
The MSRP for Norton 360 is $89.99, which provides one year of protection for up to three PCs. The MSRP for Norton Internet Security is $79.99 USD, which provides one year of protection for up to three PCs. The MSRP for Norton AntiVirus is $39.99 USD, which provides one year of protection for one PC.
In addition, Norton 360 Multi-Device (previously Norton 360 Everywhere) and Norton One will be updated with the features in the latest release of Norton 360. Norton customers with a valid product subscription are eligible to receive the latest product updates via the subscription service model. For more information, visit the Norton Update center at http://updatecenter.norton.com.
If you wish to try the new security products before you buy, download the 30 days trail version from below direct download links.
Download : Norton Internet Security 2013(v20.1)
Download : Norton AntiVirus 2013(v20.1)
Download: Norton 360 2013(v20.1)