Norman based in Norway is one of the old antivirus in today’s market. It is there since 1984. It used to be a quality product but eventually its quality degraded. Anyway it still posses a better detection than many average products out there. To test its detection you can download its free portable Norman Malware Cleaner [direct link].
The sole problem I faced with Norman Security Suite or Antivirus in the past is that it is heavy on system resources and somewhat buggy. But the latest version seems to give enough promise. One of the frontline product from Norman is its security suite which features the following:
- Fast scanning, efficient malware detection
- Ease of use, simplified user interface
- Reverse action from malicious software
- Trusted Vendor Support
- Simple licence management
- Parental control
- Antivirus & Antispyware
- Smart firewall
- Windows 8 ready
- Installation for up to 3 PC’s
System Requirement of the product is the following
- Windows 7 32- or 64-bit
- Windows XP 32-bit SP3 or higher
- Windows Vista 32- or 64-bit SP2 or higher
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- CPU: 1,8 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- RAM: 2 GB recommended
- 500 MB of available disk space
- Recommended minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
There is a promotion running for Norman Security Suite v9,where you can get one year license for free.
Go to this page
Fill in the form, mainly the bold fields. Enter the following OEM code.
There you will find you authentication key.
Download the installer from here
32bit (x86) Installer:
64bit (x64 – amd64) Installer:
and apply the key.