Today Motorola officially announced two new affordable Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) powered smartphones , the MOTOLUXE and DEFY MINI. The MOTOLUXE is an ultra-vogue and very slim device, it is 9.8mm thin and includes a 4-inch “edge-to-edge” screen,an 800MHz Qualcomm processor,512MB of RAM, 8-megapixel back camera with flash and a front facing VGA camera.
Motorola MOTOLUXE most interesting feature is feature is the a lanyard slot that has a lighting effect. This customizable notification light sits below the capacitive buttons for menu, home, back, and search. Users can change the colors of the light for various events, So you can see when you’ve missed a call, received a text or have an email waiting for you.
On the other hand Motorola DEFY MINI, like its predecessor it is a dust proof , water-resistant and and with a scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass display, DEFY MINI is the ideal smartphone for active users who need a device as resilient as they are.Spec-wise, Defy Mini coomes with a 3.2-inches touch screen,600MHz processor, 512MB RAM,1650mAh battery,3.2 megapixels black camera and a VGA front camera for video chat.
Both phones are powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and and Motorola’s own new custom interface called MotoSwitch. MotoSwitch will learn the habits of the user over time and will present the most frequently used apps and contacted people front and center.
Key Features of Motorola MOTOLUXE :
- 9.8mm thin and slim phone
- 4-inch edge-to-edge touchscreen display with 480 x 854 pixels resolution
- 8 megapixel auto focus camera with flash
- Front-facing VGA camera for video chatting with friends and family
- 800MHz processor
- 1GB in built memory
- 512MB RAM
- Adreno 200 graphics processing unit
- 1400 mAh battery for up to 6.5 hours of talk time, 19 days of standby time
- Available in licorice or white
- Android 2.3 Ginger bread OS
- Motorola’s MotoSwitch user interface
Key Features of Motorola DEFY MINI :
- Water-resistant and dust-proof
- Scratch resistant Gorilla Glass display
- 3.2-inch touchscreen with 320 x 480 pixels resolution.
- 600MHz processor
- 512MB RAM
- 512MB in-built storage
- 3MP rear-facing camera with flash
- Front-facing VGA camera
- 1650 mAh battery for up to 10 hours of talk time, 21 days of standby time
Both devices are expected to be available in Greater China, Europe and Latin America starting this spring. MOTOLUXE is already available in China under the name Motorola XT615 and is expected to be available in Greater China, Europe and Latin America starting in February. Motorola DEFY MINI is expected to be available in China under the name Motorola XT320 and in select countries in Europe and Latin America starting in February.
Also both devices will be displayed at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2012), January 10 – 13, 2012.