Finally before the end of year 2010, Microsoft released the final version of Microsoft Security Essentials v2(2.0.657.0 ) and it is now available for download at Microsoft Security Essentials website. Surprisingly there is no official announcement from Microsoft about the final release of MSE.
Last year in MSE v1.0 was unveiled by Microsoft and in no time MSE became the popular free antivirus.yes nodoubt that MSE is the best Antivirus for its top rated Antivirus-engine and its detection rates are good and better than many paid security products.
MSE 2.0 beta version was released in July and the final build MSE 2.0.657.0 got better with several key improvements. The latest version is for Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
New features in MSE 2.0:
- Windows Firewall integration – During setup, Microsoft Security Essentials will now ask if you would like to turn the Windows Firewall on or off.
- Enhanced protection for web-based threats – Microsoft Security Essentials now integrates with Internet Explorer to provide protection against web-based threats.
- New protection engine – The updated anti-malware engine offers enhanced detection and cleanup capabilities with better performance.
- Network inspection system – Protection against network-based exploits is now built-in to Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Option to limit CPU usage during system scan