Popular security tools provider Malwarebytes released the third public beta of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0, which provides a preview of the new features and changes in the upcoming version of the popular Anti-Malware tool.
Malwarebytes has completely re designed the interface with Anti-Malware 2.0. To quickly access security functions, you’ll now find tabs for Dashboard, Scan, Settings, and History views. The Dashboard view displays your current license, database version, scan progress, and real-time protection status.
The Scan view will detail the progress of a current scan, and it breaks down threats into memory objects, startup objects. Registry objects, and file system objects. Under Settings, you’ll have greater control over what Anti-Malware 2.0 scans and the websites it blocks. For instance, you can whitelist IPs, domains, and processes (such as BitTorrent clients) to ensure the content reaches your PC.
The 2.0 beta integrates Malwarebytes’ Anti-Rootkit and Chameleon tools into the Anti-Malware utility belt, though neither are enabled by default. The Chameleon technology protects Anti-Malware 2.0 against attacks that attempt to disable the security software on your PC. You can enable Chameleon in Settings by clicking Advanced Settings and selecting the Enable Self Protection Module
To turn on Anti-Rootkit, click Settings, choose Detection And Prevention, and check Scan For Rootkits.This beta version arrives with a pre-installed license key, you just need an internet connection to activate the license.
The latest version of this excellent anti-malware program offers faster system scanning and the option to ignore ‘safe’ files and folders to speed up scans further.It thoroughly searches all areas of your PC- including the Registry, memory and start-up items and lets you clean infections with a single click.Particularly useful is the FileAssassin tool, which can delete locked files that have been placed on your system by malware.
What’s New in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2 ?
• Completely redesigned user interface to make the product easier to use, more informative, and providing quicker access to key functionality
• Quick Scan has been renamed to Threat Scan, our recommended scan type
• Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit integrated into the scanner (available under Detection Settings)
• Malwarebytes Chameleon driver integrated to provide self-protection for the Premium version (available under Advanced Settings)
• Enhanced version of Malicious Website Protection for Windows Vista SP2 and above (better performance, added ability to exclude processes such as BitTorrent clients from Malicious Website Protection, ability to manually exclude IP addresses and individual URLs/websites by domain name)
• Native x64 system location scanning, detection and malware removal
• Substantial improvements to core detection and removal technology
Overall, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2 version is very impressive and offers great protection, it’s Anti-Rootkit and chameleon self-protection technology extend Anti-Malware’s Security capabilities. But this is a beta build and one have to wait for the release of stable version ,this will be around in April month.
Download : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00.0.0504