GeHot released “BlackRa1n” the jailbreaking tool for windows systems, used to jailbreak any iPhone or iPod Touch running latest iPhone OS 3.1.2 .
Before talking about BlackRa1n, here is small intro about GeHot. George or GeoHot was the first one to release a jailbreaking tool when the first iphone launched in 2007.
BlackRa1n is a 30 second ALL device 3.1.2 jailbreak.It not only works on the iPhone 3G S, but all versions of the iPhone and iPod Touch devices. BlackRa1n should work on all devices using OS 3.0 and up.Also it is currently available only for Windows users.
BlackRa1n does not hactivate your iPhone. This means that you must be using an official Apple carrier for activation purposes.
For those using software-unlocked iPhone 3G or 3GS, don’t upgrade to 3.1.2 using iTunes if you want to keep your unlock. Baseband cannot be downgraded. Also don’t try to update your iPhone directly to 3.1.2, if it is running on 3.0 or 3.0.1 firmware. Only tethered jailbreak is available for iPod touch device.
So if you want to only jailbreak your iPhone try BlackRa1n otherwise wait until iPhone Dev Team release a new version of PwnageTool .
http://www.blackra1n.com [Click Windows Logo at the bottom of the page]
How to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 3.1.2 with BlackRa1n:
- 1.First connect your iPhone or iPod to your computer
- 2.Upgrade or restore iPhone/iPod Touch with latest firmware 3.1.2 in iTunes.
- 3.Download BlackRa1n (if you haven’t already) & double Click on Blackra1n.exe
- 4.Now click on “make it ra1n” button, and your iPhone will now enter the recovery mode
- 5.Blackra1n will start jailbreaking process and once the process completed it will reboot your device.
- 6.Now you will notice blackra1n Icon on your Home Screen,tap that(water drop) icon
- 7.Now Install Cydia & Icy or install Cydia alone, that’s it.
Note:You must see GeoHot’s (below) image once your iphone entered to recovery mode.
Jailbreak with Blackra1n Video Tutorial :