Google Offers, similar to Groupon is a daily deal service from Goggle which is still in beta mode. Now the service is expanded to five more U.S Cities : Austin; Boston; Washington, D.C.; Denver and Seattle.
Last year Google tried to buy Groupon for around $6 Billion, but after declination it started its own daily deal service called “Google Offers” which was launched in June this year.
Now Google offers is available in eight U.S. metropolitan areas, where is it is already operating in Portland, New York City and San Francisco. Although this doesn’t propose a threat to the current leader Groupon, but this is just the beginning and Google already announced its plan to roll-out this service in another 27 cities across the US.
In a blog post Google announced Wednesday’s offers in the new cities, which will be redeemable Thursday, include:
- $10 worth of food and drink for $5 at Juan in a Million in Austin.
- $10 worth of gourmet ice cream when you spend $5 at Toscanini’s Ice Cream in Cambridge, Boston.
- $6 worth of food when you spend $3 at Amsterdam Falafelshop in DC.
- $20 of merchandise for $5 at all three locations of Tattered Cover Book Store in Denver.
- $9.50 for one day’s admission worth up to $19 at Seattle Aquarium.
You can subscribe to receive deals of the day in your email inbox from as many places as you like at google.com/offers. You can also find and buy Google Offers from all eight regions that are part of this trial in the Google Shopper app for Android in the “Today’s Offer” tab, and don’t have to subscribe to buy.