Google Released the final version of Google Earth 6 and it is now available for Download. Google Earth 6 was in beta stage for about Four months and the final version build number is 22.214.171.1244.
What’s new in Google Earth 6 ?
- Fly to place around the world.
- See 3D buildings , imaginary and terrain.
- Find cities, places and local businesses.
Release Notes :
Issues Fixed with Desktop Client:
- Fixed a problem where we were over fetching certain kml layer data and running into issuing of using large amounts of memory and slowness during zooming in.
- Fixed an issue of ruler tool disappearing. In 6.0 beta, when measuring using the path tool, if you break to add a place-mark then you go back to the path and click “save” the path and ruler tool disappears all together.
- Fixed an issue with incorrectly measuring long distances. Improved navigation in Street View inside buildings.
- Fixed a crash with elevation profile if there was empty gx:value node in KML.
- Optimized amount of terrain and imagery data fetched while viewing photo overlays.
- Fixed an occasional crash while viewing 3D buildings. Fixed broken fly-to links within local kml files.
- Fixed an issue where new place-marks added were with absolute altitude instead of being clamped to ground.
- Fixed an issue where the title for panoramio pictures no longer appeared when hovering over panoramio icons with your mouse if scale legend was enabled.
- Fixed an issue when there was occasionally a missing wall in 3D buildings.
- Optimized amount of data fetched in Street View.
- Fixed an issue where tilt by holding “shift” and moving the scroll wheel only worked in one direction on Mac.
Issues Fixed in Earth Browser Plug-in:
- Fixed a crash when getNormalStyleUrl was called on a StyleMap referencing a non-existent Style.
- Fixed some issues in using plug-in on https sites.
- Fixed functionality of disabling ground level navigation through API.