Google released a stable version of Chrome 12.0.742.91 and is now available for download for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.The new version brings new features and improvements in security, privacy, and graphics.
What’s new in Chrome 12 ?
- Hardware accelerated 3D CSS
- New Safe Browsing protection against downloading malicious files
- Ability to delete Flash cookies from inside Chrome
- Launch Apps by name from the Omnibox
- Integrated Sync into new settings pages
- Improved screen reader support
- New warning when hitting Command-Q on Mac
- Removal of Google Gears
Chrome Stable now supports hardware-accelerated 3D CSS, which means you’ll get a snazzier experience in some web pages and web apps that choose to implement 3D effects. To see hardware-accelerated 3D CSS in action, check out this Chrome Experiment on Windows Vista / Mac OS X 10.6 or above.
Also now chrome gives you more control over the data that websites store on your computer. Now you can delete Flash cookies directly within the browser, by clearing the browsing history. Another interesting feature is safe browsing protection that protects users from downloading malicious files.