Google Bard is a brand-new AI chatbot under beta testing. It uses Google’s LaMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Applications) technology to simulate human conversation and do tasks including answering questions, coming up with original ideas, and summarizing content.
This article will show you how to set up the Google Bard AI chatbot on Windows 11 as an app. Bard, like Bing Chat, is a conversational chatbot, but it employs natural language to answer questions in a more human way.
The technology does not yet have a specific desktop application; rather, the company is trying to integrate the chatbot directly into its Chrome browser.
But if you use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, you can always download the Bard AI experience as a Progressive Web App (PWA).
The term “progressive web app” describes the framework that makes it possible to treat a website as a local app. This way of doing things has some good points. You can use it without the Internet and it updates itself.
Follow these instructions to install Google Bard as an app on Windows 11:
- Launch Google Chrome Browser.
- Visit the URL https://bard.google.com/. To access Bard, you must first log in with your Google account.
- Click the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner of your browser window once you are on Bard’s homepage.
- Select “More tools,” then click “Create shortcut.”
- The popup will prompt you to give your shortcut a name. Simply call it “Bard” or “Google Bard” if you like. Make sure “Open as window” is selected, so the shortcut opens Bard in a new window rather than a new tab.
- You can add a shortcut to your desktop by clicking the “Create” button. Right-clicking on it can also pin it to the taskbar and select “Pin to taskbar.”
Note: Edge users should follow the same steps, but they should select “Apps —> Install this site as an App>” from the three-dot menu.
All done! Congratulations, Google Bard for Windows 11 is now successfully installed on your computer.
How to Uninstall Bard from Chrome?
Just copy and paste this on the Chrome address bar: chrome://apps
Right-click the “Bard” icon and click “Remove from Chrome”.
Limitations of using Google Bard:
Bard is still in development, so it has certain constraints. Examples of these constraints are:
It’s possible it won’t provide accurate results for every query.
It’s possible it won’t provide high-quality formats for creative text.
It may not summarise accurately the text.
It’s possible that it won’t provide an accurate translation.
If you’re looking for a versatile AI chatbot, go no further than Bard. But it is still a work in progress and has its limits.
You must log in to post a comment.