Today Mozilla released the first Release Candidate (RC1) of Firefox 5 , the upcoming version of Firefox browser. As we already know Mozilla got inspired from Google chrome and adopted rapid release development process.
If you don’t know, the term release candidate (RC) refers to a version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge, So we can expect the Firefox 5 final release on June 21 as per schedule. Now the Firefox 5 Firefox 5 RC 1 released after going through 7 beta stages of testing.
What’s new in Firefox 5 RC1
- Added support for CSS animations
- The Do-Not-Track header preference has been moved to increase discoverability
- Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas
- Improved spell checking for some locales
- Improved desktop environment integration for Linux users
- WebGL content can no longer load cross-domain textures
- Background tabs have setTimeout and setInterval clamped to 1000ms to improve performance
- The Firefox development channel switcher introduced in previous Firefox Beta updates has been removed
Download Firefox 5 RC 1 :
Firefox 5 RC 1 is available for download for both desktop and android platforms. If you already installed Firefox 5 beta you will receive an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours or you can download it manually from Firefox Beta channel page.
Android Mobile users will need to manually download Firefox Beta from the Android Market in order to join the beta development channel or download it through below QR code.