Finally after Nine months and going through 12 Betas and two RC builds, the Final version of Mozilla Firefox 4 is released and it is available for download for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems. But the developers Mozilla didn’t announce it officially, may be they will announce the release on tomorrow.
Firefox 4 vastly improved the stability of the browser with Gecko 2.0 engine, also the browser brings a host of new features.One immediate change is a new user interface which is relatively slick. If you didn’t used Firefox 4 beta versions, then this will be totally different for you.
Other Features include new ways to organize tabs, a revamped add-on manager, support for HTML5 video standards, multi-touch support on Windows 7 and a range of performance and security enhancements.
Firefox 4 key Features
- More efficient and intuitive (new) User Interface
- Firefox 4’s new Panorama feature : a tab management module
- New ‘Sync’ Feature synchronizes individual’s multiple copies of Firefox across various platforms.
- Do Not Track Feature : specifies web pages that user does want his browsing behavior to be tracked.
- Firefox 4 comes with improved web standards support, including better CSS3, HTML5 and 3D graphics via WebGL
- Improved Security with TTP Strict Transport Security, or HSTS.
- Full support for the HTML5 video WebM format, out of process plugins for Macs
- Hardware acceleration support (Windows Vista and 7)
- Firefox 4 supports 80 languages and Supports Windows, Linux and Mac platforms.
- Also Firefox 4 supports not only Windows XP, but also Windows 2000.