Today Mozilla, the non-profit organization officially announced the launch of Firefox 29, the latest and biggest update of the open source browser. The first thing you will notice in this new version is the revamped interface, Firefox 29 arrives with a modern interface or new default theme called Australis.
The new Australis user interface introduces revamped menu, curved tabs and tweaked Address bar.
There is a new menu button on the right-hand side replacing organe Firefox button.The new menu gives you access to all browser options including History, Add-ons and Private mode.
For me now the Mozilla’s web browser user interface looks more similar to Google Chrome browser. However, if you don’t like the new theme in Firefox 29 , then you can revert back to previous default theme of Firefox with this extension called Classic Theme Restorer.This addon will restore the classic Firefox theme in Firefox 29.
Apart from the new theme, the new version also arrives new features and enhancements. The Firefox Accounts feature has been launched with this version, this feature allows users to add multiple accounts and synchronize the data between multiple devices, while encrypting their data.
There’s also a new Customization mode, that allows users to personalise their browser toolbar and menu.Now you can change the layout of the browser by dragging and dropping icons such as , download, add-ons or sync on to your toolbar.
Mozilla has also improved user privacy in the web-browsers by preventing websites from scanning user-installed plugins and the Gamepad API was finalized and its enabled by default. Also, the cumbersome Firefox Sync setup was improved, now you can share open tabs,form data, saved passwords and search history by signing with your Firefox account.
What’s New in Firefox 29 :
- Elegant New Design: Sleek new tabs and an overall modern look that makes it easier to experience the Web the way you want.
- Customization Mode: Makes it easy for you to personalize your Web experience to access the features you use the most. You can easily drag and drop your favorite feature, tool or add-on in the menu or toolbar.
- Firefox Menu: Includes popular browser controls, features and add-ons in one place to make it easier and faster to access them. The menu is completely customizable so you can edit or add features you use most.
- Fun and Simple Bookmarks: You can create bookmarks with a single click and manage them from the same place.
- Easy Access to Add-ons Manager: Firefox includes an Add-ons Manager you can access directly from the menu to help easily discover and install add-ons.
- Enhanced Firefox Sync Powered by Firefox Accounts: Just create a Firefox Account and our sync feature makes it even easier to setup and add multiple devices with end-to-end encryption. Firefox Sync gives you access to Awesome Bar history, saved passwords, bookmarks, open tabs and form data across your computers and mobile Android devices.
Overall, the biggest change in Firefox 29 is the overhauled UI and improved Sync option that lets you share your data from desktop to Android or Firefox OS.
The new version is now available for desktop users, you can get it from Mozilla website or existing Firefox 28 users can update to the new version from the browser’s main menu by clicking on ‘Help > About Firefox’.