ESET SysInspector : Uncovers Hidden malwares
ESET SysInspector is a free powerful security tool that will analyze the whole system to trace-out hidden malwares.It Provides important information about your system and its processes, services, registry, drivers and other critical files.
SysInspector is protable which means it doesn’t require any installation and you can carry it on a USB drive. Generally it will take around 1 to 2 minutes to analyze your PC, but it depends on your computer speed and applications installed.
ESET SysInspector uses heuristics rather than signatures to identify potential threats. After fully analyzing your system it will rank each individual file/process within 1-9 range , where rank 1 indicates as safe application while higher ranking means unsafe applications. You can use the Risk level slider to select objects of a particular color coded risk level for closer examination
Key Features :
- Ability to generate and save a detailed log to be used by an IT expert or uploaded to an online forum for diagnosis
- Option to exclude private, personal information from being saved in logs
- Integrated Anti-Stealth technology allows discovering hidden objects (e.g. rootkits) in MBR, registry entries, drivers, services and processes
- Ability to compare two existing logs for differences makes it easy to detect changes over time
- Log entries are assigned a color code risk level for easy filtering
- Intuitive hierarchical navigation of logs
- Fast and compact single file executable, ideal for first responders to run from a USB drive without lengthy installation
- Supports both 32 bit & 64 bit of Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008 R2/2008/2003 R2/2003/2000
The Good :
This tool will be very useful to examine malware-affected systems and for troubleshooting a lot of system issues.
The Bad :
This tool will just collect informations from the system and list out the malwares hidden in your system , but it doesn’t have the ability to remove them.
Note :This tool is also an integral part of ESET Smart Security 5 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.