EA announced a new giveaway which offers free items for its free-to-play games every day until summer officially begins on June 20. Today, players will receive the DONALD’S FOOTLOCKER PACK for Battlefield Heroes , including a new uniform, seven-day XP boost, 50 Terrific Health Tonics and 50 Supreme Bandages . Throughout the rest of the week other EA Play4Free titles will give similar gifts, including Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances, Lord of Ultima™, Need for Speed™ World and Warhammer® Online: Wrath of Heroes™. For the next week, the daily gift will be unveiled each morning at http://www.play4free.com/c/summer.
“The free-to-play market is continuing to explode, and EA has the right mix of high quality games and blockbuster brands to help lead the transformation,” said Sean Decker, Vice President of EA Play4Free. “We have a huge summer ahead of us, with two big anniversary events planned around our flagship games Battlefield Heroes and Need for Speed World, new game content for the entire portfolio and new game announcements. There’s never been a better time to sign up and play.”
Combining exciting new gameplay with the industry’s biggest franchises, EA Play4Free games are pioneering the fast-growing free-to-play gaming category, a centerpiece of EA’s strategy to remain a leader in digital gaming. This summer, each of EA’s free-to-play games will continue to engage and grow their communities with new content and activities:
- Need for Speed World sets players loose behind the wheel of stunning licensed cars in a massive open world filled with over 15 million registered racers. This July, Need for Speed World will celebrate its second anniversary with new challenges, hot new cars and exciting community activities. For more information, please visit http://needforspeedworld.com.
- Battlefield Heroes is a third-person shooter that brings classic Battlefield action to the masses with fun cartoonish graphics and hilarious gameplay that caters to players of all skill levels. On June 25, Battlefield Heroes celebrates its third anniversary, and over 12 million registrations, with a new map, new items, a brand new mission system, and exciting community activities. For more information please visit http://battlefieldheroes.com.
- Battlefield Play4Free is a first-person shooter that brings the best of the Battlefield series – intense 32-player battles including all-out vehicle warfare. Recently, the team added a new map, Myanmar, inspired by the classic Battlefield Vietnam map, Ho Chi Minh. For more information, please visit http://battlefieldplay4free.com.
- Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances is a browser-based, massively multiplayer online (MMO) strategy game where players choose one of two playable factions from Command & Conquer lore, the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) or the Nod. Players harvest resources, build huge armies, foster strategic alliances, all in the pursuit of victory.Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliance is now live and available in 11 languages at http://tiberiumalliances.com.
- Lord of Ultima is a browser-based strategy game set within the Ultima universe. Players build empires, learning the arts of diplomacy, trade and spying, as they form mighty alliances on their quest to conquer the new world of Caledonia and become the Lord of Ultima. Gamers can start building their empire by visiting http://lordofultima.com.
- Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes delivers instant, fast-paced and competitive PvP arena gameplay – for free! The game throws three teams into intense 6v6v6 battles where players can choose from a range of unique heroes from the Warhammer universe on the fly. The game is now in open beta, and is available to download at http://wrathofheroes.com.
For more information on EA’s Play4Free titles and the Countdown to Summer giveaway promotion, please visit http://www.play4free.com/c/summer.
Electronic Arts is committed to driving the industry with its digital transformation. Offering a diverse portfolio of premium games, EA’s Play4Free titles are developed by Easy studios in Stockholm, Sweden; Phenomic Studios in Ingelheim, Germany; and Quicklime Studios in Vancouver, Canada. With a low barrier to entry and over 33 million players around the globe, EA’s world-class Play4Free titles allow gamers to play in the universe of existing and new franchises. Play4Free games are distributed worldwide in a wide choice of languages. For more information, please visit http://play4free.com.