Dr.Web LiveDisk is a free bootable USB drive or disc designed for eliminating viruses and malware from your Windows PC, even if it won’t boot up. This tool is user-friendly to both beginners and experienced users alike.
If you’ve ever faced a computer virus attack, you’re familiar with the frustration and fear it brings. Your system could become unstable, resulting in sluggish performance or failure to boot Windows.
Access to important files, photos, and documents can be lost, and your personal and financial information may be at risk from hackers and cybercriminals.
Luckily, there’s a solution to recover your computer from such a disaster. You can rely on Dr.Web LiveDisk, a free system rescue tool designed that allows you to use the removal tools directly after the boot and bypass any problems created by the virus attack.
What is Dr.Web LiveDisk?
This is a bootable USB drive or disc that includes a Linux-based portable operating system and pre-installed software for conducting computer antivirus scans, eliminating identified threats, and allowing users to manage the registry, file system, and web browsing.
This means you can start your computer directly from the Dr.Web LiveDisk without even needing to load Windows. Once booted into, it provides you access to powerful antivirus scanning and system repair tools right on the desktop.
The LiveDisk relies on the Dr.Web CureIt! scanner, a robust tool capable of identifying and removing various malware types, including worms, viruses, trojans, rootkits, spyware, dialers, adware, hack tools, jokes, and riskware.
LiveDisk comes in two convenient formats: an .iso image (which requires burning to a blank disk), or an executable file (used within the Windows environment to create bootable media).
You can easily get Dr.Web LiveDisk by visiting Doctor Web’s official website at
How to Use Dr.Web LiveDisk?
To get started, you’ll require a USB flash drive or a CD/DVD with at least 2 GB of free space.
Ensure that your computer is configured to boot from this LiveDisk media by checking and adjusting the boot order in your computer’s BIOS settings.
Here are the steps to create and use Dr.Web LiveDisk:
- Download the “drweb-livedisk-900-usb.exe” file from the official website.
- Connect a USB flash drive to your computer and run the executable file.
- The program will automatically find all flash drives available in the system. Select the required drive and click “Create”.
- The software will copy all the required files to the flash drive and make it ready for booting.
- Alternatively, you can download the “drweb-livedisk-900-cd.iso” file from the official website of Doctor Web and burn it to a blank CD/DVD using any burning software.
Note: If you have problems with creating a bootable USB flash drive using the drweb-livedisk-900-usb.exe file, you can try downloading the ISO file (drweb-livedisk-900-cd.iso) meant for CD/DVDs, then use a tool like Rufus to burn it into your USB drive.
- Restart your PC and ensure that it boots from the USB drive. When the computer boots up, it should automatically detect the bootable USB flash drive and start Dr.Web LiveDisk.
- Navigate through the boot menu using the arrow keys, locate Dr.Web LiveDisk, and then hit Enter to proceed.
- The operating system will begin loading, featuring a graphical shell with a window-based interface.
Remove Stubborn Malware
Once Dr.Web LiveDisk has booted up, you can launch the Dr.Web CureIt! scanner to scan your computer for malware. The scanner will scan your entire hard drive for viruses and other malware. Once the scan is complete, you can review the results and remove any detected threats.
Quarantine and Exclusion List for Malware
Dr.Web LiveDisk also includes a quarantine feature that allows you to isolate detected malware so that it cannot harm your computer. You can also add files and folders to an exclusion list to prevent Dr.Web from scanning them.
Other Features of Dr.Web LiveDisk
Apart from thorough virus scanning the LiveDisk includes other features, such as
- A registry editor
- A file manager
- A terminal emulator
- A network configuration tool
- A web browser
These functionalities empower you to undertake a multitude of tasks, including Windows registry editing, file and folder management, Linux management console access, network settings configuration, and internet browsing.
Dr.Web LiveDisk is a versatile tool for rescuing your computer from virus attacks and restoring your system. It allows you to scan and remove malware, edit registry keys, manage files, browse websites, and more. It’s user-friendly and installation-free, available for free download from Doctor Web’s official website.