Today Microsoft released Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool, which allows users to install Windows 7 from a USB flash drive or bootable DVD.
The Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool allows you to create a copy of your Windows 7 ISO file on a USB flash drive or a DVD. To create a bootable DVD or USB flash drive, download Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool, run the program,then locate your(created or Downloaded) Windows 7 ISO file and it will create a bootable USB flash drive or DVD drive for that Windows 7 ISO file.
Update [31/05/2016] : If you are looking to download Windows 7 / Windows 8 ISO images easily, then use this free & tiny tool called Windows ISO Downloader.
- Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster (300 MHz is recommended)
- 50MB of free space on your hard drive
- DVD-R drive or 4GB removable USB flash drive
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 or higher
Steps to create bootable USB flash drive or DVD drive in order to install Windows 7.
- First download Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool(947KB), install it and run the program
- Now Click Browse and select the location of your Windows 7 ISO file.
- Now Select your media type USB drive or DVD drive,then click Next.
- If you are copying the file to a USB flash drive, select your USB device in the dropdown list and click Begin copying. If you are copying the file up to a DVD, click Begin burning.
- After Windows 7 ISO file is copied onto your chosen media, you can install Windows 7 by navigating to the root of your DVD or USB flash drive and double-clicking Setup.exe.
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool