Defraggler is developed by
RecuvaPiriform, the same developers of best free system cleaning and optimization tool ‘ CCleaner‘. Defraggler is free and powerful defragmentation tool which differs from other defrag tools on the market, by enabling you to quickly and simply defrag the files you want to, without having to process the whole drive.
Defraggler speeds up your computer by placing all the parts of a file on the same section of the hard drive. When Windows goes to access that file, it only has to look in one area of the drive, which speeds things up.Installation of Defraggler is very easy, it includes two defrag modes, Quick and Standard.
Defraggler Features :
- Defrag Individual Files
- Compact and Portable
- Interactive drive map
- Quick Defrag
- Defragment free space
- Scheduled defragmentation
- Supports all OSs released since Windows 2000
What’s new in v 2.02?
- Improvements to speed and accuracy of the search algorithm.
- Redesigned NTFS processes for optimized speed and memory.
- Improved event handling with Windows 7.
- Improved scheduling for non-admin users.
- Fixed issue that caused drive icons to disappear from the drive list.
- Fixed issue that caused the Analyze button to be incorrectly drawn during long tasks.
- Improved handling of long non-English strings in options dialog.
- Fixed issue with fragmentation percent when drive contains sparse files.
- Moved about dialog to a separate window.
- Improved error logging in Windows 7.
- Minor GUI changes and tweaks.
- Minor bug fixes.