DARQ, an indie horror game with a retail value of $19.99, is currently available for free just in time of Halloween.
The game tells the story of Lloyd, a little child who awakens in the midst of a lucid nightmare. Unable to awaken, Lloyd is forced to confront his fears and decipher the dream’s meaning.
Every Thursday (11 a.m. ET), Epic Games offers a free game, and this week they’re giving you Darq the Complete Edition.
Darq: Complete Edition is available for download from Epic Games from October 28 through November 4, 2021.
In order to get your hands on the free games, simply create an account with Epic Games and download and install the client software.
visit this Epic Games Store page or navigate to the game using the Epic Games desktop client.
Add the game to your cart, and complete your purchase.
About DARQ the Complete Edition:
This is a strange and dark psychological horror game that combines puzzle-solving, exploration, and stealth.
Lloyd, the game’s protagonist, becomes aware that he is dreaming.
To Lloyd’s dismay, the dream rapidly transforms into a nightmare, and all attempts to awaken fail.
Lloyd discovers how to endure the nightmare by bending the laws of physics and altering the dream world’s fluid fabric as he explores.
Aside from gravity-defying puzzles, Lloyd will have to utilize stealth when approaching foes throughout the game.
He has little hope of prevailing in an open battle because the monsters he will face are far more powerful and faster than him. Instead, he must rely on meticulous planning to escape detection.
Features of DARQ
- Psychological horror is set in a lucid dream, with a slow build and spooky mood over gore and violence.
- Experience a unique art style and a detailed atmosphere.
- Bjrn Jacobsen, known for his work on games such as Cyberpunk 2077 and Hitman, created the sound design.
- Puzzles that require defying physics (walking on walls and ceilings), changing the dream environment (moving things, turning rooms), gathering and using found objects, and evading monsters.
- Secrets to be discovered.