Darkwood is a surreal horror experience for the PC, MAC, and LINUX developed by Acid Wizard Studio.
This top-down survival horror game that sells for $14.99 on steam and never before the developers of the game is giving away a free torrent.
If you don’t have the money and want to play the game, the developers (Acid Wizard Studio) are offering a safe torrent on the Pirate Bay of the latest version of Darkwood (1.0 hotfix 3), completely DRM-free.
There’s no catch, the only request from the developers is, if you like Darkwood and want them to continue making games, consider buying it in the future, maybe on a sale, through Steam, GOG or Humble Store and don’t buy it through any key reselling site. By doing that, you’re just feeding cancer that is leaching off this industry.
You can directly download the game legally from developers torrent (click here).
Note: If you are unable to reach above link, try using this VPN.
The torrent size is 3.59 GB and doesn’t come with an installer, you can just run it from the mounted image, but you can copy the contents to your disk and run it from there.
For more info about developers our story and why they decided to give away the game, check out: http://imgur.com/a/xVhDz
ABOUT GAME :
Darkwood is a game about survival, exploration, and fear, set in mysterious woods somewhere in the territory of the Soviet Bloc. It is a top-down, free-roam, surreal horror experience with a randomized world, taking cues from classic games, where oftentimes you had to figure things out for yourself.
By blending RPG, roguelike and adventure elements together with a challenging difficulty, Darkwood aims to please players craving for a deep and rewarding experience.
- Survival horror from a top-down perspective that is terrifying to play.
- By day explore the randomly generated, ever-sinister woods, scavenge for materials, craft weapons and discover new secrets.
- By night find shelter, barricade, set up traps and hide or defend yourself from the horrors that lurk in the dark.
- Gain skills and perks by extracting a strange essence from mutated fauna and flora and injecting it into your bloodstream. Watch out for unexpected consequences…
- Make decisions that impact the world of Darkwood, its inhabitants and the story you experience.
- Meet eerie characters, learn their stories and decide their fate. And remember – don’t trust anyone.
- As nights go by, the lines between reality and nightmarish fantasies begin to blur. Are you ready to step into Darkwood?
The game was successfully crowdfunded on Indiegogo in 2013, where it gathered more than $57,000. After its première on Early Access in July 2014, the studio spent three years refining the game together with the community. In July 2017 a live-action trailer was released, revealing the official launch date: 17th August.