Darkwood, a survival horror game, and ToeJam & Earl, a rogue-like adventure game, are now free as part of the weekly giveaway at the Epic Games Store.
This week’s free games include the terrifying horror game Darkwood, perfect for those who like to play games with a spooky atmosphere in the spooky month of October.
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove can be found in the Epic Games Store for those who are looking for a more humorous option. Both games are currently free to claim until October 20.
For those of you who don’t know how free games work, you must claim yours by that date. After that, the user can keep them as part of their collection and play them whenever they like.
If you’re interested in getting this week’s free games, click on the links below.
ToeJam & Earl: https://store.epicgames.com/toejam-and-earl
About Darkwood Game:
Acid Wizard Studio developed this survival horror indie game. For those who seek a challenge without a lot of handholdings, this game is perfect.
Not everyone enjoys being dropped into a game and left to figure out the rules on their own, but there are plenty that do.
During the day, you can look for items and explore an open world that is always changing. At night, you have to find shelter because scary monsters are out to get you.
- Survival horror from a top-down perspective that is terrifying to play.
- No hand-holding or quest markers. Test your skills and figure things out on your own!
- By day, explore the randomly generated, ever-sinister woods, scavenge for materials, craft weapons and discover new secrets.
- By night, find shelter, barricade, set up traps and hide or defend yourself from the horrors that lurk in the dark.
- Gain skills and perks by extracting a strange essence from mutated fauna and flora and injecting it into your bloodstream. Watch out for unexpected consequences.
- Make decisions that impact the world of Darkwood, its inhabitants and the story you experience.
- Meet eerie characters, learn their stories and decide their fate. And remember – don’t trust anyone.
- As nights go by, the lines between reality and nightmarish fantasies begin to blur.
About ToeJam & Earl:
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove should be a fun game for people who grew up with the Sega Genesis. Back in the Groove takes the formula that was introduced in 1991 and updates it with a number of new features, such as four-player co-op.
ToeJam and Earl have become cult classics because of their funky style and unique sense of humour. Back in the Groove is a great way to get started with the series if you haven’t seen it yet.