Its Christmas time now and you might want to capture your eventful moments in a picture or video. How about making a slideshow out of your pictures, videos and with your favorite songs or even put in your own voice in it. A fun idea, isn’t it! Well, here comes Smideo HD 2012 that does exactly what you might want have dreamed about. Smideo HD has been developed by Abelssoft; a German company famous for its quality freewares and sharewares.
Features, Specifications, Screenshots and Comments
- The software installer is digitally signed by Abelssoft – Ascora GmbH.
- Installation went in quick steps. It will create a desktop icon and will download Windows Media Video 9 VCM (even if it is installed) during installation.
- After installation you will be encountered with a registration screen. You will need to register with a valid email address to receive a license code in your email from software[at]abelssoft.de. Enter that license code to register your software.
- The software offers easy to use layout that helps even very inexperienced users.
- The offline PDF manual is documented in a detailed and lucid fashion.
- The software can be updated directly from the software interface.
- Slideshow projects can be saved as .smideo files.
- It offers some free photo-albums and music files on their website to assist you in making slideshows. Those can be downloaded from within the software.
- The software offers button to quick access to homepage and online support page.
- The best part of the software is that the slideshow project is done by a well ordered wizard fashion.
- While creating a new slideshow project, you need to give a name of the project and then you will be greeted with the quick help window.
- You will then find options to add Audio/Video/Pictures from your hard drive or download video from Youtube and import pictures from Flickr. You can even record screen activities. You will also be able to see a preview of what you have been added.
- In the next step will will be able to arrange your files in desired order and also edit the duration each pictures and add necessary text to those.
- Next step will allow you to customize the audio part, adjust its duration. Here you will also be able to do audio recording and add it to the slideshow.
- The last step is to confirm the save location of the output video, adjust resolution and video effects. Resolution has the following presets: 256×192; 320×240; 400×300; 640×480; 800×600; 1024×768; 1280×720; 1920×1080. It offers two types of video effects dynamic and relaxed. Dynamic effects are quick and move the videos and pictures across the screen while showing other contents in the background. Relaxing effects are slower and more full screen. Conversion will begin on pressing the start button.
- After completion of conversion it will the show it in the main window to perform further jobs with it. In case the task is incomplete it is also there. From there you resume incomplete job, edit complete job.
- You can also burn the video to CD/DVD but before that it will ask you for the format you would like to convert the video before it gets recorded to disk.
- Smideo comes in both free and paid HD version [worth 19,90€]. The main differences are the following.
- The software can run on both 32bit and 64bit version of Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
- You might need the following softwares to run Smideo HD 2012 appropriately: K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and DirectX End-User Runtimes.
- I have made a video demo of the software if you don’t prefer to go through the long description. It can be found in the following link.
- Clean and easy wizard that even very inexperienced users can follow.
- Good resolution of the output videos.
- Support for YouTube, Flicker.
- Lack of customization in transition type and effects.
- .Only video sounds can be used in the slideshow. You won’t be able to view videos during the slideshow.
- Need to support more video sharing sites like Facebook, MySpace, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vimeo etc and more picture sharing sites like Facebook, Imageshack, Photobucket, Tinypic, Imgur etc.
Johann Lüppen from Abelssoft have been kind enough to conduct a 48 hours unlimited giveaway for the full version of the software for our readers.
To grab a copy go to this page.
It will redirect you to the download link. Download the 35.1Mb installer [MD5: 41f2df142eda8b30642a85635b0fefcc]. Install it and register a license as shown above.
About the license:
- It’s for 1 PC. So, you want to use it on more than one PC generate multiple licenses with different email address.
- You will be able to update/upgrade the software within this v2012. It will not work on the coming v2013 that will release after about six months.
- You will get free support from Abelssoft.