BleachBit, the open source system cleaner, cleans the junk on your system to free disk space and to keep up privacy.This app will , delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs,frees cache and discard junk you didn’t know, was there on your system.
BleachBit is designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean 90 applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, and more. Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster.
You can Use BleachBit to:
- Free disk space
- Reduce the size of backups and the time to create them by removing unnecessary files
- Maintain privacy
- Improve system performance (by vacuuming the Firefox database, for example)
- Prepare whole disk images for compression (common for “ghost” backups and virtual machines) by wiping free disk space
BleachBit has many useful features designed to help you easily clean your computer to free space and maintain privacy.
- Simple operation: read the descriptions, check the boxes you want, click preview, and click delete.
- Multi-platform: Linux and Windows
- Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
- Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
- Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
- Portable app for Windows: run without installation
- Command line interfacefor scripting and automation
- CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
- Automatically import and update winapp2.inicleaner files (a separate download) giving Windows users access to 500+ additional cleaners
- Frequent software updates with new features
- Free to share, learn, and modify (open source)
- Translatedto 56 languages
Remember: beta releases are more likely to contain bugs and are recommended only for power users.