Avira Protection Cloud
The Avira Protection Cloud is a user friendly tool that scans your computer using the latest cloud technology, this cloud based security aims to detect security threats that goes above and beyond. Avira Protection Cloud is now in beta stage and the security firm Avira requests users to take part in beta testing for better and cleaner , cloud based protection tool.
Outsmarting the malware of the future requires building a huge community-powered knowledge base containing malware data and clean applications. For this Avira needs your support. The more users contribute, the better we can protect everyone! By working together, you can help Avira continue to provide security no virus can crack.
Why join the Protection Cloud?
Band together with Avira and the user community to recognize and stop malware before it spreads and infects other users.
- Detection updates in real time
Protection is based on the most current malware information at all times, not just when your antivirus software downloads virus definitions.
- Scanning that is lighter than air
The files accessed by your computer are matched against the fingerprints of files stored in the cloud. As more scanning is done in the cloud, less processing power is required by the antivirus application.
- Access to the very latest anti-malware technology
Access Avira’s super computing malware analysis grid and get the best Avira detection ever.
- Prevention of false positives
When Virus Lab has access to unknown files at an earlier stage, it can classify them sooner and with more advanced analysis systems.
- A bird’s-eye view of the threat landscape
The Protection Cloud serves as a central place to see attempted cyber attacks throughout user base. In turn, it provides Avira to address potential outbreaks is dramatically enhanced.
How Avira Protection Cloudworks ?
- A list of file locations often targeted by malware is generated (similar to that used in a quick scan with a regular Antivirus).The list includes running processes, programs that run at start-up and services.
- The hash (a digital fingerprint) of each file is generated and sent to the Avira Protection Cloud, which is then categorized as “clean” or “malware”.
- Unknown program files are uploaded to the Avira Protection Cloud for analysis.
- At the beta stage, each uploaded file is scanned inside the Avira Protection Cloud using the latest technologies.
- Once the uploaded files have been scanned in the Cloud, the Technical Preview Client displays all available results.
To join the Avira Protection Cloud, simply install the Protection Cloud client.
1.Download and install the Protection Cloud client from the Avira Beta Center.
2.Start the scan by clicking the corresponding button.
3.Fingerprints of all suspicious files are sent to the Protection Cloud for real-time inspection. Executables are instantly identified as clean, infected or unknown. Suspicious unknown executables are uploaded for detailed automatic analysis.
4.View the scan results anytime in the application interface.
Note : This is an early preview of Avira Protection Cloudy, so while using the Technical Preview Client, a log file will be generated in the install directory (apcdemo.log). This can offer you insights into what went wrong and can help Avira to fix them. You can give your opinion here.
Download: Avira Protection Cloud Beta (1.5 MB )