AMD has released ATI Catalyst Driver Suite 10.9 and it is available for download for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Linux users. Now you can download the software either from AMD Game website over here or you can get it from your steam account.
Before the release of ATI Catalyst Driver Suite 10.9, AMD revealed that it has partnered up with Valve and it will distribute drivers over Steam.
Apart from regular bug fixes & performance enhancements, the highlight of 10.9 driver release is now it supports Linux Platform : Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL 6), along with the Suse and Ubuntu Linux distributions .
Another highlight is, it supports the Internet Explorer 9 beta that was released today. As I already mentioned IE9 has features like hardware-accelerated graphics & HTML5 support.
Download : ATI Catalyst Driver Suite 10.9
A complete list of changes follows.
The Catalyst Software Suite 10.9 contains the following:
- ATI Radeon display driver 8.771
- HydraVision for both Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- Southbridge/IXP Driver
- ATI Catalyst Control Center Version 8.771
Catalyst Application ProfilesThe following application profiles are available with this release of Catalyst 10.9:
- Aliens Vs. Predator – Profile update
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – Profile update
- F1 2010 – Profile update
- Kane & Lynch 2 – New profile
The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalyst™ 10.9:
- STALKER: Call of Pripyat Benchmark
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
1.Performance increases up to 20% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series single and CrossFire configurations with Enhanced full dynamic lighting (DX11) and anti-aliasing enabled
2.Performance increases up to 12% on ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series single and CrossFire configurations with Enhanced full dynamic lighting (DX11) and anti-aliasing enabled
1.Performance increases up to 4% on ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series single and CrossFire configurations
2.Performance increases up to 4% on ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series single and CrossFire configurations
3.Performance increases up to 5% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series single and CrossFire configurations
4.Performance increases up to 6% on ATI Radeon HD 5970 Series single and CrossFire configurations
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
- UVD clocks will now return to normal speeds after switching from HD to SD content
- Flickering no longer visible while running 3D games on HDMI displays with Quad CrossFire enabled
- Mesh corruption is no longer visible in “The Chronicles of Riddick 2: Assault on Dark Athena” when SSAO in-game setting is set to high
- CrossFire now functions properly and in-game Anti-Aliasing can now be enabled in “StarCraft II”
- Adobe Flash Player will no longer display green screen after resume from sleep
- Negative CrossFire scaling on “Final Fantasy-XIV” no longer occurs
- Intermittent perfomance drops no longer observed with hardware cursor enabled in “World of Warcraft” game in extended mode
Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
- AVI video no longer lags during playback within Microsoft PowerPoint slide deck
- Desktop corruption no longer occurs during PowerDVD SD/Blu-ray content playback on 120Hz displays
- Choppy HD playback no longer occurs while changing color vibrance and fleshtone correction in Catalyst Control Center – Advanced Color
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
- Copy protection message will no longer appear when viewing a DVD with Windows Media Player on a Windows XP system with PowerDVD 9 installed