Ashampoo WinOptimizer 9 Released: 10 licenses Giveaway
Ashampoo WinOptimizer 9 is the latest offering from Ashampoo GmbH & Co. KG. Last time I tried WinOptimizer it was in v6. That time it was not up to the offerings from say Iobit, TuneUp etc. But while trying v9 (I tested the beta version), I was astonished by the huge improvements that have been made in the program. So many features, still highly organized in an awesome interface: an approach that Ashampoo is following in every of its products.
Anyway due to my time limitations I will cut the story short. In fact if I try to review it completely I could easily spend thousands of words in it. 🙂
Major Change from version 8
They have added two new modules: Registry Defrag and HDD Inspector.
I will just copy from their webpage.
System maintenance with efficient cleaning and defragmentation
One click and all unnecessary data are gone! The One-Click Optimizerenables a quick optimization and cleaning of the system with an especially configured call-up of the modules Drive Cleaner, Registry Optimizer andInternet Cleaner. Of course those modules can also be run separately and be customized according to individual requirements. Defrag 3 allows the defragmentation of hard disk drives on the basis of one of the latest most effective algorithms. This function can be launched on system startup and then runs in the background permanently. The new moduleRegistry Defrag analyzes the Windows® Registry and defragments it for a quicker workflow and improved access to the registry.
Modules for system maintenance at a glance
- One-Click Optimizer: Quick optimization of the system with just one click.
- Drive Cleaner: Finds and deletes unnecessary files.
- Registry Optimizer: Finds and deletes unnecessary or faulty entries of the registry.
- Internet Cleaner: Removes traces from surfing on the Internet.
- Defrag 3: Defragmentation of hard disk drives (Pro-active defrag and boot-time defrag)
- NEW Registry Defrag:Analyses and defragments the Windows® Registry.
Get more out of your system!
The Service Manager helps with the management and optimization of installed services. Here your opinion counts. You can rate services and see other users’ ratings. The StartUp Tuner adjusts the startup behavior of applications. You can improve your Internet connection with the Internet Tuner. The Process Manager provides an overview of all running processes. The UnInstall Manger allows you to uninstall unnecessary applications as well as faulty entries.
Overview of modules that increase efficiency
- Service Manager: Optimization and management of installed services and own ratings of services.
- StartUp Tuner: Management of applications that are launched on Windows® start.
- Internet Tuner: Automatic or manual optimization of system settings for hardware and bandwidth of your Internet connection.
- Process Manager: This module gives an overview of all currently running processes.
- UnInstall Manager: Successfully uninstalls applications and faulty entries.
Perfectly personalize and configure Windows
With these tools you can customize the settings of your system according to your personal requirements. Tweaking allows you to access hidden system settings and a detailed adjustment. The AntiSpy module provides access to interfaces, hidden options and their settings. The management of installed file formats and repair of faulty formats is done by the File Associator module. With the Context Menu Manager you can manage and customize context menus. The Icon Saver saves the arrangement of icons on your desktop and restores it, if necessary.
Modules for Windows configuration at a glance
- Tweaking:Provides access to many hidden system settings and allows detailed adjustment of the system and frequently used applications.
- AntiSpy: Adjustment of interfaces and hidden options in Windows® that submit information undesirably.
- File Associator: Management of installed file formats as well as repair or deletion of faulty file formats.
- Context Menu Manager: Context menus of the Windows® Explorer can be managed and customized according to individual requirements.
- Icon Saver: The arrangement of icons on the desktop is saved and can be restored, if necessary.
Nothing stays hidden from these tools!
The module System Information provides an overview of the installed hardware and software, including information on the operating system, processor etc. How much disk space do your audio files take up? This and similar questions are answered by the DiscSpace Explorer in a comprehensive overview. The performance of your processor and main memory is measured by the System Benchmark and can be compared with other users’ values on the Internet. The Disk Doctor checks your hard disk drive for potential errors and restores faulty files, if necessary. The new HDD Inspector analyses the S.M.A.R.T values of your hard disk drive on the basis of a tried and tested algorithm. This way this module can make a statement about the “health” and possible problems of hard disk drives in the system.
The modules for system analysis at a glance
- System Information: Comprehensive and clear information on the installed hardware and software (operating system, processor, chipset, drives etc.)
- DiskSpace Explorer: Analysis of the file groups, for example audio and video files and information on how much disk space is taken up by each file group.
- System Benchmark: The processor is tested and the performance of the main memory is measured. The results can be compared online with those of other users.
- Disk Doctor: Hard disk drives are checked for errors and faulty files can be restored.
- NEW HDD Inspector: Detailed information on and analysis of the S.M.A.R.T values of your hard disk drives.
Tools that you will not want to do without again!
Files and folders are deleted safely and permanently with the File Wiper. For data protection reasons, it is sometimes necessary to protect the contents of files and folders from third-party access. In this case the File Encrypter & Decrypter module helps with the encryption. The File Splitter & Joiner splits large files into several smaller ones so that those can then be sent by email. Later on the recipient can join those again. TheUndeleter helps you to restore accidentally deleted files.
File tools at a glance:
- File Wiper: Deletes files and folders safely and permanently.
- File Encrypter & Decrypter: Encrypts and decrypts files and folders.
- File Splitter & Joiner:Splits large files into smaller ones, which can for example emailed, and be joined again later on.
- Undeleter: Restores accidentally deleted files.
Always stay on the safe side with backups
The Backup Management provides a comfortable overview and information on all saved changes, in order to quickly restore those with just a click. In the Settings you can change the settings of each module and customize the general settings for Ashampoo WinOptimizer 9. TheTuning Assistant helps new users to maintain their system in the best possible way by only answering a few questions. The Taskplaner helps you to exactly plan the execution of task at a certain time. They will then be executed automatically.
Modules of backup management and fine adjustments
- Backup Management: Manages existing backups.
- Tuning Assistant:: Helps new users to optimize their system.
- Taskplaner: Allows you to plan tasks and automatically execute them at a certain time.
- Settings: Settings for this software and for single modules can be changed and adjusted here.
System Requirements :
Windows® XP, Windows Vista® (32bit/64bit) and Windows® 7 (32bit/64bit).
Any computer that runs one of the above operating systems at a reasonable speed.
Main Memory (RAM):
The size of the main storage is insignificant for the employment of the program. We refer to the recommendations of the operating system in use from Microsoft.
Hard Drive Space:
90 MB for the program files plus some additional space for backup files.
Full administrative rights are required to use the program.
Well, there are a huge number of possible screenshots. I have collected a few
You can also view some on their homepage
and on Softpedia
With so many nice features, its price is worth $39.99 and if you own v8 you can upgrade at an affordable price of $15.99. The software trial can be downloaded from
It comes with 10 days trial but if you would like to extend the trial to 30 days be sure to register at here. You will get free support and will be subscribed to newsletters.
- Tuning system with WinOptimizer or similar software might cause harm to your system. So be sure to create a restore point before doing making any tuneup! WinOptimizer also backs up system changes for later use.
- I don’t like the thing that in spite of being a paid software Ashampoo offers a toolbar installation (pre-checked during installation) that is no way associated with the functioning of the software. If you want to avoid that installation make sure to adjust the installation process as shown in the following screenshot.
Angela from Ashampoo approached me to write about the software and agreed to arrange 10 giveaway licenses. If you need a license make sure to leave a relevant comment below. I will close the giveaway within 24 hours that is 16th Feb, 23:59PM.