Microsoft released Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta to the public. These service packs are not available for home users and installation is not supported by Microsoft.
All previously publicly released updates along with additional enhancements are packed in to this Service Pack, and it works only with Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version of Windows.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta helps keep your PCs and servers on the latest support level, provides ongoing improvements to the Windows Operating System (OS), by including previous updates delivered over Windows Update as well as continuing incremental updates to the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 platforms based on customer and partner feedback, and is easy for organizations to deploy a single set of updates.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta will help you:
- Keep your PCs supported and up-to-date
- Get ongoing updates to the Windows 7 platform
- Easily deploy cumulative updates at a single time
- Meet your users’ demands for greater business mobility
- Provide a comprehensive set of virtualization innovations
- Provide an easier Service Pack deployment model for better IT efficiency