VLC Media Player 2.0.1 released with more than 100 bugs fixed and brings a lot of improvements, just 30 days back VideoLAN developers released version 2.0 of the VLC media player,a major update that brought several new optimizations on the technical side, new features, and a brand-new Mac interface.
Now the developers released VLC 2.0.1, a security update and the latest version is now available for download for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux platforms.Also we already that reported videolan is working on next version VLC 2.0.1 while pushing VLC 2.0 out.
After 15 million downloads of VLC 2.0.0 versions, VideoLAN and the VLC development team present the second version of “Twoflower”, a bugfix release.Support for MxPEG files, new features in the Mac OS X interface are part of this release, in addition to faster decoding and fixes for hundred of bugs and regression, notably for HLS, MKV, RAR, Ogg, Bluray discs and many other things.
VLC 2.0.1 key Features :
- Support for MxPEG files and streams
- New features in the Mac OS X interface for more customization.
- Numerous fixes in the Qt, the Mac OS and the skins interfaces.
- Fixes for HTTP Live Streaming, CDDB, UDP/RTP support.
- Security issues SA-1201 and SA-1202.
- Support for Bluray discs menus.
- Numerous fixes for MKV support.
- Fix for splitted RAR files playback.
- Numerous fixes for more than 120 bugs.
- Codec and 3rd party libraries security updates.
Download VLC 2.0.1 : http://goo.gl/onDtd
Here are the most important improvements for VLC for the Mac:
- fixed delay when changing the volume
- added a way to minimize the playlist
- option-click on the playlist button, if the video is played within the main window
- click normally on the playlist button, if the video is played in a detached window or no video is playing at all
- provided a way to hide the sidebar
- added playback controls to the detached video window
- added OSD feedback when changing the volume
- added accessibility support to the black UI mode
- resolved fullscreen playback issues on Lion and Snow Leopard
- the forward / backward buttons are way less sensitive now, so you can skip the movie much more slowly (the speed matches iTunes now)
- disabled the native fullscreen mode on OS X Lion by default
- fixed issues with the track synchronization panel
- fixed playback of multicast UDP / RTP streams on certain setups
- fixed SAP service discovery on certain setups
- fixed crop functionality in the main menu and the video effects panel
- fixed issues with the aspect ratio and subtitles menu items
- fixed various crashes and minor ui issues
- progress bar flickering, video window getting larger than the actual screen size, re-appearing “Updating font cache” dialogs, etc.
This update includes the following security content:
- Updated libpng to 1.5.9 (CVE-2011-3026)
- Updated freetype to 2.4.9 (CVE-2012-1126 up to CVE-2012-1144)
- Fixed MMS stack overflow (VideoLAN-SA-1201)
- Fixed RealRTSP heap overflow (VideoLAN-SA-1202)
Additionally, VLC 2.0.1 includes the following cross-platform improvements:
- fixed and improved the CDDB information retrieval
- fixed the samba module compilation
- improved HTTP Live Streaming support
- multiple fixes for HLS support, notably on Windows and for encryption
- multiple fixes for Bluray discs playback
- improved DVD playback on some RPC-I drives
- Support for MXPEG files
- limited auto-detected threads to 4 in avcodec module
- fixed the use of QuickTime audio codecs in RTSP streams
- FIxed OGM header creation
- Fixed multi-file splitted RAR archive support
- Fixed a crash when seeking in mka
- Improved MKV multi-video tracks support
- Audio filters:
- limited spatializer filter distortions
- Use the fastest SinC algorithm for the samplerate module
- Web interface:
- fixed mobile display for remote control mode
- support for .drc and .3ga extensions
- Service discovery:
- fixed SAP discovery, where an item was added multiple times
- Updated Jamendo selections
Furthermore, VLC 2.0.1 includes these improvements for Windows and Linux:
- Audio output:
- Fixed S/PDIF passthrough with ALSA
- Removed flawed ALSA channels autodetection.
- The available ALSA channels MUST be configured now (stereo by default)
- Video filters:
- Fixed gradfun unloading on Windows
- Qt interface:
- allow a native seek slider instead of the blue one
- fixes in the playlist, the addons dialog, the menus, the main toolbar, the open dialogs and preferences
- fix for the fontconfig cache dialog when rebuilding ASS fonts
- Skins interface:
- fixed menu display
- Addition of $R to display the current playback speed
- documentation update
- Fixed DBus crash
- Fixed build issues on BSD, Linux/PPC and Linux/SPARC
- Fixed a crash on VLM close