Viber is a famous app on both iOS and android devices, because it lets you save money utilising you 3G data or Wi-Fi. The app works excellently even on 2G connection, it lets you make free phone calls and send free text messages to other users over 3G or Wi-Fi.
Viber is just like Skype but Better than Skype and it is like WhatsApp but with voice calls. No registration is needed, you don’t have to add contacts afresh, it relies on the contacts you have on your phone. The app offers excellent call quality over WiFi and 3G.
Using this you can call any other Viber user for free, and the sound quality is better than a regular call. You can call any user, anywhere in the world, and also you can send messages to them similar to whatsapp.
This Free VoIP (voice over internet protocol) app lets you make free phone calls to other users either with your mobile network (2G/3G) or with your WiFi connection.
When you install Viber, the app automatically syncs your contact list and shows you which of your friends (if any) are already using it. You will then able to call them, even if they don’t have the Viber app open, you can still call them provided they allows push notifications.
If their phone is off, they will get a missed-call message the next time they connect.The call quality provider by Viber is generally excellent and better than most standard mobile calls.
Features of Viber :
- No international charges.
- No user name, password or registration.
- No need to add buddies (friends) – the app automatically uses your phone contacts.
- Better sound quality than GSM or regular phone call.
- Full call screen whenever a call is received.
- Popup text message notification which allows users to respond to text messages without opening the app
- Tighter integration with the phone to allow users to see their regular call logs and messages inside the app.
Overall, Viber is a terrific way to chat to your friends online.Designed predominantly for mobile phones, there’s now also a Windows version of the app.