Whether you have just installed or upgraded to Windows 10, it’s a good idea to disable or turn off unwanted features that you no longer needed.
In this post you will find 10 unwanted features in windows 10 that you can turnoff without impacting the operating system performance, more over disabling these features will free up storage space and resources.
Below list will give brief description about these 10 unwanted features in Windows 10 that you can disable:
- IE 11 : Internet Explorer 11 is no longer required as Windows 10 ships with better browser ‘Edge‘.
- Legacy Components – DirectPlay : You don’t need this unless you are going to play 10-year-old games on your PC.
- Media Features – Windows media player : You can swap this with better media player such as VLC or SMP, which can play all popular video and audio formats.
- Print and Document services : Turn off features that you don’t use Such as Windows Fax and Scan, Internet Printing Client.
- Microsoft Print to PDF : Remove this feature, unless you want to convert documents to PDF files.
- Remote Differential Compression API Support : The API is useful only widows server machines, so remove it.
- Windows PowerShell 2.0 : The latest version Powershell 5.0 is already available on Windows 10, so you don’t need the older version.
- Windows Process Activation Service : This developer feature is not required for normal windows users.
- Work Folders Client : This feature is only useful for business and enterprises.
- XPS Services & XPS Viewer : XPS format is Microsoft’s alternate to Adobe PDF file format, this XPS file format didn’t get popular and everyone still using PDF format, so remove components related to XPS file format.
How to Turn off 10 Unwanted Features in Windows 10 ?:
Just watch the video (skip to 01:30) and you can visually know how to disable these features or follow below description.
From Windows 10 desktop, click ‘Start‘ and type ‘ Programs and Features’, launch this and click on ‘ Turn Windows features on or off’.
Now you can start un-selecting the features as listed above and restart your PC to apply the changes.