Trend Micro introduced a Trade Mark Technology called ‘Titanium’ in its Internet security suite series, so the latest version is called Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011.
The speciality of ‘Titanium’ is it’s a cloud technology powered by the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network infrastructure, our cloud security infrastructure that stops threats in cyberspace or “the cloud.” Smart Protection Network monitors the Internet 24/7, worldwide.
So Trend Micro™ Titanium™ Internet Security 2011 uses Cloud-based technology which automatically stops Viruses & Spyware before they reach your computer – it’s a whole new way to protect your PC.
Titanium Internet Security Core Features:
- Essential Protection: Protect your PC from Viruses & Spyware
- Surf the Web safely : Stops malicious downloads from websites
- Real-time Protection :Automatic updates safeguard you against the latest threats
- Light on Memory: Light on systems resources so your computer runs faster
- DATA THEFT PREVENTION: Stops Stop protected data from going into web pages, email or instant messaging.
I tested this on my Netbook for last 2 days, I have to say Titanium is also good for Netbooks because very light & it won’t bog your system. The installation was breeze it just took around 3 minutes to finish the installation and after installation it won’t bother or force you to update the suite.
I don’t know whether this version is for Netbooks because I noticed a separate version called “Titanium Internet Security for Netbooks”, but I installed this promo version on my iBall Netbook, the installer is around 52 MB and occupied around 210 MB HDD space.
My view is Titanium Internet security is fast and easy to use.
How do I get Trend Micro Titanium IS 2011 license for free?
This is a chinese promo, but don’t worry compared to KIS 2011 chinese conversion of Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011 chinese to English user interface is flawless and easy if you follow below steps, thanks to raymond for workaround.
- First download below (promo) installer zip file according to your system architecture.
- Now extract the zip files and proceed with the installation process in accordance with below images
- After finishing the installation you will see similar to below image
- Now Right click the ‘Trend Micro’ icon on your Windows task bar, you will see pop-up notification , then click on the ‘last option’ as shown in below image, this will terminate the Security suite
- Now open my Computer and navigate to following path : C:Program FilesTrend MicroUniClientUiFrmwrk and open UIProfile.cfg file with Word pad.
- In word pad click ‘Find’ button and search for ‘default local setting for UI framework’, there you look for two things locale & lang as highlighted in below image, then change both them from ZH-CN to EN-US and save the file.
- That’s it, open Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011 from Start Menu and you will see everything in English.
32Bit (x86): TTi_3.0_MR_32bit_Tencent12.zip64Bit (x64): TTi_3.0_MR_32-64bit_Tencent12.zip