Want to know which Site is safe before you visit that website, then SiteAdvisor Plus from Mcafee is considered as best tool, that protects internet users from sites that are known for scamming, spamming or installing malicious code on computers.
Previously we reported about 5 Free online tools to Detect Dangerous websites, Mcafee SiteAdvisor Plus is a commercial tool which cost $19.99 (per year) and provides advanced protection using an algorithm that determines whether a site is safe to visit or not.
McAfee SiteAdvisor Plus provides you with simple red, yellow and green Website safety ratings that helps to protect you from the latest threats. SiteAdvisor technology works with 20 search engines, including Google, Yahoo!, Bing, AOL, and Ask.
On Installing this Windows only software it will add SiteAdvisor Plus extension/ addon to your web-browser, Currently only Firefox and Internet Explorer are supported. But free SiteAdvisor extension is available for Google chrome dev users.
SiteAdvisor Plus has one configuration option, to turn on Protected Mode or not. Protected Mode is a password-enabled feature that automatically blocks access to dangerous sites.Instead of letting you visit a dangerous site, it displays a page explaining what makes the site undesirable, with a link to more information online.
- Rates websites for safety
- Color-coded threat alerts
- Blocks risky websites
- Anti-phishing protection
- Scans email and IMs for risky links
- Shop and bank online more safely
- Works with other security software
How to avail SiteAdvisor Plus free-offer?
- First Register your Mcafee account over here and login to your account.
- Now visit this Promo page: http://bit.ly/Mcsadv, then click on “Download Now” button.
- Next click on the “Online Installation” button, then proceed to Click on “Download” button.
- Now download “DMSetup.exe”, then click it to install McAfee SiteAdvisor Plus which is pre-loaded with 1 year free subscription
- Thanks to flash113