Samsung Electronics Co just announced their latest Smartphone based on the S60 and Symbian OS. The Samsung I7110 Smartphone will be showcased for the first time at the Symbian Smartphone Show in London on October 21 and 22. The I7110 is a slim and sleek bar type Smartphone with only 12.9mm thickness and comes fully packed with high performance functionality.
Based on Symbian OS v9.3, the I7110 is optimized for convergence with performance and feature enhancements, bringing the highest level of power efficiency and platform security to a mobile phone. Music player support formats like MP3/ AAC / AAC+ / eAAC+ / WMA / RealAudio.
It can also record videos at 30fps VGA or 120fps QVGA. Also based on S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2, users can choose from thousands of applications from the S60 applications library and have access to their favorites by using dedicated hot keys.
The I7110 offers cutting-edge mobile phone features, including a 2.6” AMOLED (Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode) screen, to deliver outstanding experiences in navigation, multimedia, and connectivity.It has a 5 Megapixel with auto focus and LED flash and integrated music player. It also offers GPS navigation, Bluetooth, WiFi, FM tuner, 50MB internal memory and a microSD card slot up to 16 GB.
Key Features :
- 5 megapixel camera (CMOS with AF and LED Flash Smile Shot, Blink Shot)
- 2.6-inch 260k QVGA AMOLED display
- HSDPA 3.6 Mbps (900/2100), EDGE / GPRS (850/900/1800/1900)
- GPS navigation: Pedestrian & Driving, Geo-tagging
- Fm Tuner
- 50MB internal memory with microSD card slot up to 16 GB.
- Supports MP3/ AAC / AAC+ / eAAC+ / WMA / RealAudio
- Battery1,200 mAh. Talk time: 11 Hrs / 6 hrs (EDGE/WCDMA). Standby time: 427 hrs / 451 hrs (EDGE/WCDMA)
- Video Player – Supports: DivX, H.263, H.264, WMV, MP4, and RV. VGA 30 fps, QVGA 120 fps
To offer seamless connectivity for multimedia experience, the I7110 comes equipped with HSDPA and Wi-Fi connectivity. The phone also offers an 8-way optical mouse to maximize the easiness of mobile browsing. The I7110 also offers advance video recording not found in today´s Smartphone´s. Multi-codec formats including DivX is supported thereby eliminating the need to convert video files.
The Samsung I7110 Smartphone will be available in Russia from November 2008 and will soon be introduced in other markets.