LAlarm an Anti-Theft Alarm for your Laptop not only prevents Laptop theft but also prevents data loss associated with HDD (hard disk drive) errors or damages. It prevents a laptop failure due to a HDD problem. It also protects data and prevents the hardware damage associated with sudden power loss.
LAlarm sounds an alarm when a laptop is in danger of being stolen or losing data,it consists of five alarms & other security functions to protect your laptops & data against theft as well as to prolong the battery lifetime.
key features of LAlarm :
- Theft Alarm– It protects the laptop against theft by sounding an alarm when a thief tries to steal a laptop.
- Perimeter Alarm– It alerts when a laptop goes outside a perimeter. It helps prevent laptop misuse and keeps the laptop within a safe boundary.
- Inattention Alarm– It sounds an alarm when the owner leaves the computer unattended in an unsafe area for a period of time. It helps prevent laptop theft.
- Battery Alarm– It alarms when the battery is under stress in order to preserve the battery capacity and prolong the battery lifetime. It also alarms when the battery level is low to prevent data loss and potential laptop damage due to sudden power loss.
- Disk Alarm– It alarms when a hard disk drive needs a repair or replacement in order to prevent data loss and laptop failure.
- Data Destruction– It protects sensitive data by destroying the data if the laptop is stolen.
- Data Recovery– It can recover data from a stolen laptop.
- Mobile Phone Alert- It sends an alert to a mobile phone via email or SMS.
- Theft Response– you can tell your laptop what to do in advance if your laptop is in hands of a thief.
- 500 MHz Intel Pentium or compatible processor
- 2 MB disk space.
- 512 MB Ram
- Windows Vista (32bit), Windows XP SP2, Windows 2003 SP2.
Download: LAlarm v3.3 (free for personal use)