Those who don’t know about OCR, it is the abbreviated form of Optical Character Recognition, which is the mechanical or electronic translation of scanned images of handwritten, typewritten or printed text into machine-encoded text.
PDF OCR from PDFZilla does a similar thing. According to the publisher.
PDF OCR is based on OCR technology to convert scanned PDF paper books and documents into editable electronic text files fast and easily. PDF OCR has a build-in text editor which allows you to edit ocr result text without MS Word. PDF OCR also supports batch mode to OCR all pages of pdf file to text at a time. PDF OCR has a Scanned Image To PDF Converter, which means you can create your own scanned PDF books.
The good part of PDF OCR is that it is not limited to English but can support more than 10 languages like German, French, Spanish, Italian and many. The output is good but I can’t get any output from the “Scanned Image To PDF Converter”. I kept waiting for 15 minutes until did a forced stop. It also consumed ~40Mb of RAM during the conversion, but the process is rather fast. You can read an exclusive review of PDF OCR from Softpedia.
Scanned PDF to Text Converter
Scanned Image to PDF Converter
How to get it FREE
PDF OCR used to be a freeware until v3.2, but now it is in v4.o and is worth $49,95. But you can get it free using the serial provided by Giveawayoftheday. Follow the steps.
- Download the installer from here (14,161Kb)
- Now install the software. Installation is simple, just follow the instructions.
- After launching the software you will see the following screen.
- Now click on the red button Purchase PDF OCR Now! This will open the Registration page. Close/Minimize it and you can see the registration dialogue.
- Now copy this serial number provided by Giveawayoftheday.
removed on request
if interested mail me at email@example.com
- Now paste the serial to the dialogue box shown above and press OK. Another webpage will open, close/minimize it and you will see the dialogue for successful registration.