Today Morning I posted that Dev-Team is ready with New PwnageTool to jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware. Well iPhone Dev team released PwnageTool 3.1.4 to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.2 on Mac OS X systems while keeping the old baseband and the software unlocked.
Asusual windows users has to wait for redsn0w or sn0wbreeze or to find custom/Hacktivated IPSW.
- The iPhone 3GS is now supported out of the box in PwnageTool 3.1.4 (or if you have upgraded to 3.1.x in iTunes)
- The iPod 2G is still supported in PwnageTool 3.1.4 but you must already be jailbroken (we’ll update this if there’s a big demand from non-jailbroken ipt2G owners)
- The iPod touch 3G is NOT supported
Also check out golden rule and some Important details @ http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
PwnageTool 3.14 Torrent
Now Follow below steps to Jailbreak and then Unlock your iPhone 3G/3GS on Firmware 3.1 .2 without having to update the baseband. Please proceed at your own risk.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G/3GS 3.1 Firmware?
- 1.First download Pwnage Tool 3.1.4 for Mac OS X from above links.
- 2.Download orginal iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware from here
- 3.Now connect your iphone device to your Mac.
- 4.Run the Pwnage Tool 3.1.4 and select your iPhone 3G/3GS and click next.
- 5.Now Pwnage Tool will detect your Firmware 3.1.2 file that you downloaded (step 2), otherwise browse it and select the firmware file.
- 6.Now click Next,then Select ‘Yes’, click next and then select ‘No‘, now the Pwnage Tool will start building custom IPSW file.
- 7.Once completed, select ‘Yes‘ to the prompt and click next.
- 8.Now launch iTunes 9,select your iPhone from devices menu,then while holding “Alt/Option” key click “ Restore” and select newly created custom IPSW file.
- 9.Wait until your iPhone is updated to 3.1.2 Firmware, once completed your iPhone 3G/3GS will reboot automatically
- 10.Now that your iPhone 3G/3Gs 3.1.2 Firmware is Jailbroken
To unlock and use your iPhone for any carrier follow this tutorial.
Note: The method we used in above tutorial follows the Simple mode in PwnageTool 3.1.4.