Kaspersky Lab released Kaspersky Pure 2.0, the latest version of their complete protection suite for home users brings a number of new features and improvements.
Kaspersky PURE 2.0 Total Security includes everything you need to secure your online identity and protect your digital property. This security suite uses same security technology as Kaspersky Internet Security, the technology includes proactive defenses against emerging threats, real-time cloud-enabled scanning, a virtual sand-box for opening unknown websites or applications, and can even roll-back system changes caused by malware.
Kaspersky PURE 2.0 provides award-winning protection against viruses, spyware, Trojans, spam, hackers, worms, keyloggers, rootkits, bots, scripts and phishing. It automatically updates itself with greater efficiency, neither getting in your way nor taking up computer resources. An improved interface allows users to simultaneously see the computer’s security status, with problem areas highlighted in red, and get instant access to the necessary modules.
“When it comes to the security of home computers, it’s clear that maximum protection is the one to go for. With the threat landscape continually evolving and getting scarier by the day, only the very best should do in terms of security”, explains Lee Sharrocks, B2C Director, UK and Ireland, Kaspersky Lab. “Kaspersky PURE 2.0 delivers ultimate PC protection for your home, combining everything you need to ensure the security of your PCs, identities, passwords and photos, and to protect your children when they are online.”
With its password-security-related features, encryption capabilities, secure vaults and backup, as well as parental controls, Kaspersky PURE 2.0 covers all the important aspects of ultimate PC security.
New and Improved Features of Kaspersky PURE 2.0
- The Combined Power of the Cloud and Your PC. In addition to the traditional signature-based methods of threat detection, the latest cloud technologies and proactive protection methods – which are already being used in Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 – are applied to deliver faster, more effective responses to today’s complex, ever-evolving threats.
- User Interface and Experience. One of the main goals of the PURE 2.0 developers was to simplify the interface while still ensuring its familiarity for current customers. The product’s main window allows users to simultaneously see the computer’s security status, with problem areas highlighted in red, and get instant access to the necessary modules.
- Home Network Control. Kaspersky PURE 2.0 features an improved, easy-to-use, centralised security management function for networked home computers. This allows users to check the protection status and update the antivirus database for all the PCs in a home network from just one computer.
- The improved Password Manager allows users to create strong passwords, store them securely and manage them easily. The password database can be accessed using a master password, a USB or Bluetooth device, or a Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. The Password Manager supports several accounts, meaning that each user of a PC can have his/her own password database.
File and Website Checking Functions
- The improved Safe Run function creates an isolated virtual environment where users can launch suspicious programs and visit unknown websites to check them over before running or opening them on their computers.
- The System Watcher function closely monitors the behaviour of programs already running on a system. If a program performs a malicious action, System Watcher shuts it down and rolls back any changes it has made to the system. This function has been improved to allow it to roll back changes made during a previous session.
- File Advisor. Kaspersky PURE 2.0 uses new File Advisor technology to assess the security of a file before it is run. Information about the activity of programs running on users’ computers is fed to the cloud-based Kaspersky Security Network, where the data is analysed and matched against the reputations of these programs. If a program does something suspicious to suggest it is malicious, its behavioural pattern is added to Kaspersky Lab’s antivirus databases. This allows other malicious programs with similar behaviour to be blocked.
- URL Advisor. Built into browser toolbars, this feature flags links to infected or fraudulent (phishing) resources within search engine results using a colour indicator. To receive more detailed information about a specific website, the user simply places the cursor over the coloured indicator.
Other Premium Security Features
- The Parental Control function allows users to supervise children’s online communications – deemed desirable by nearly 70 per cent of respondents in a parental control survey – and this feature has been enhanced to make it more intuitive to use. Indeed, making sure that a family’s Internet experience remains PURE (2.0) has never been easier or more convenient, and with around 80 per cent of respondents in the same survey concerned about there being “too much inappropriate content and a lot of harmful programs online”, it is clear that this functionality is as timely as it is indispensable.
- Safe Notes allow users to safely store not just logins and passwords, but also personal notes containing confidential information. This may include PIN codes for SIM cards, software activation codes, passport details, credit card numbers, etc. Safe Notes can be set up using standard data templates (e.g., ‘Bank cards’, ‘Internet settings’, etc.).
- The Virtual Keyboard is an onscreen keyboard that you use with a mouse. It ensures that logins, passwords, bank card details and other confidential data can be safely entered into web pages without the use of a standard keyboard. This prevents data being intercepted by malicious programs that can take screenshots or record keystrokes made on a physical keyboard.
- With Data Backup and Restore, users can direct any hard drive, removable medium, FTP server or other network storage to store scheduled password-protected backup copies of all their stored data as insurance against computer crashes, hard drive failure, etc. This has been improved with preset categories to make backing up whole categories of files (“all music files”, “all video files”, etc.) easier, regardless of where they reside on the computer.
- Online Footprint Cleanup. Kaspersky PURE 2.0 ensures complete privacy while using the Internet. It can clean up the user’s online ‘footprint’ by clearing the surfing history, temp files, cookies and registry items. It can also free up space on the hard drive, which can speed up the system.
- File Shredder. Deleting files through the Windows Recycle Bin does not protect against cybercriminals’ efforts to restore deleted files and steal valuable information. The multi-pass File Shredder in Kaspersky PURE 2.0 irreversibly wipes all private and confidential deleted data.
Kaspersky Pure v2.0 officially supports only Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 operating systems, it can be installed on Windows 8 without any issues.
Download : Kaspersky Pure 2.0 (30-day trial)