With the new Sims 3 expansion Pack “Ambitions” and latest patches 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0, now Sims 3 officially supports game modifications. But the earlier methods used for installing Mods will not work with all the latest patches and with the new expansion pack “Ambitions”. So this post is about how to activate mods in the latest patch.
Steps to Activate Mods
- First Go to following path “MyDocumentsElectronic ArtsThe Sims 3 ” and create a New Folder and name it as “Mods”
- Now Download this “Resource.cfg” file from here and place that file in the “Mods” folder,as shown in below image.
- Also in that “Mods” folder create a New Folder called “Packages”,as shown in above image.
- Now you have to place all the mods or modification files that come with ” .package” extension in the “packages” folder.
- That’s it, when you load or start the game, a notification will appear to you that certain Mods are installed.