I think everyone already know that Apple has released iPhone and iPod Touch firmware OS software version 3.1 The new OS 3.1 is now available for free download for iPhone users but iPod Touch users have to pay $4.95 if they want to upgrade to the latest firmware.
But you don’t have to worry because, below steps will help you to upgrade iPod Touch to 3.1 Firmware For Free.
1. First Download iTunes 9
2. Download iPod Touch 3.1 Firmware from below links.
3. Now Connect your iPod Touch to your PC or MAC
4. Run iTunes 9
5. Select iPod Touch from the device list.
6. a)For Windows, Click Shift + Restore.
b)For Mac, hold Option + Restore
7. Browse or select firmware 3.1(ipsw files ) that you downloaded in step 2.
8.Don’t disconnect until iTunes has completed updating your iPod Touch.
Thats it! Have Fun
Download Firmware file using Firefox browser,change to .ipsw extension if the saved file default extension is .zip.